• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Big Dog Snow Event February 15th

Stovepipe

Here's a writeup from the Feb. 21, '15 storm alluded to above.https://weather.com/storms/winter/news/winter-storm-pandora-reports-snow-ice

Man, we had so much snow in those 17 days, it all runs together. Think that is the one where my wife was on call, and I had to take her to each hospital in the 4W drive. Huge flakes. And yes, a retreating high.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z Euro Para finally came in. It's a destroyer for most of us. Especially the Plateau and West. I think Stove's post earlier was looking at the 00z from last night, which had showed the amounts he said.

The para shows 4-5 inches around Memphis. 5-8 over almost all of West and Middle Tennessee, 10-15 over the Eastern Highland Rim, the Plateau, and the Western Valley areas like Roane, Anderson etc. Basically the counties that border the Plateau. The far eastern Valley gets 2-4 inches.

12z Euro Para finally came in. It's a destroyer for most of us. Especially the Plateau and West. I think Stove's post earlier was looking at the 00z from last night, which had showed the amounts he said.

The para shows 4-5 inches around Memphis. 5-8 over almost all of West and Middle Tennessee, 10-15 over the Eastern Highland Rim, the Plateau, and the Western Valley areas like Roane, Anderson etc. Basically the counties that border the Plateau. The far eastern Valley gets 2-4 inches.

Is Knox County considered the western valley or the eastern valley in East TN?

GFS was a little further south and a little colder. Didn't improve much for western areas vs 18z but got better for Eastern areas.

Hey, the Euro and the GFS are only like 400 miles apart and the entire state of Kentucky when looking at the snow axis of each. You all agree...Miller A, inland runner is what is being shown on the 0z GFS?

Hey, the Euro and the GFS are only like 400 miles apart and the entire state of Kentucky when looking at the snow axis of each. You all agree...Miller A, inland runner is what is being shown on the 0z GFS?

The Para Euro is much better to West Tennessee but it focuses the heaviest snow in the same places as that run of the GFS. The UKMET has also folded it's tent on the cutter solution from what I understand, though I've not personally seen the maps yet.

The Para Euro is much better to West Tennessee but it focuses the heaviest snow in the same places as that run of the GFS. The UKMET has also folded it's tent on the cutter solution from what I understand, though I've not personally seen the maps yet.

Check-out the final totals for the 0z GFS.  That run is trying its best to hit the major cities of the NE int he process.  Classic track.  That is pure Miller A right there.

post-769-0-40740700-1455165230_thumb.jpg

Check-out the final totals for the 0z GFS.  That run is trying its best to hit the major cities of the NE int he process.  Classic track.  That is pure Miller A right there.

attachicon.gif0zgfs.JPG

It's a miller A for sure. Rides across the Gulf states then turns the corner. It's just a western track for an A. Apparently the UKMet also tracks up through North Carolina with it's low. The Canadian is likely heading there too.

Man, if the Knoxville valley area can avoid a warm nose this time around.....

Downslope is what I am seeing now since it is a Miller A.  But if the models are just now catching-on to a Miller A/inland runner...hard to tell how strong it gets. 

John1122.  You think this is getting sampled better now?  Has to be getting closer to the coast since it is a northern stream feature.  Some big changes so far in tonight's model runs.

Archived