CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February Med/Long Range Discussion Part 2

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, I love Highzenberg, but we know how this is gonna go....WOW! Looks great!  

It's coming!!!  

OMG!

Well, not this run, but next time!  

Haha, idk if you're able to see the EURO as it comes out, but if you saw it right now your eyes would be glistening. N VA getting snowed on @ 186 hours...992mb low and bombing on cape hatteras

At least we have the mid levels leading in. That's where my pessimism has been coming from. 

Yeah, what helps is around 135-144 hrs there some mild disturbances that help reinforce the cold. If we can slow down the storm a little bit more this run the HP would have built in even more it looks ike. 

Just another run that points to a system during this time frame. 

It isn't a perfect setup, but I like that we saw a HP build in during the storm. If we can slow down the shortwave just a bit and let the cold air build in a little faster it would have been a HUGE run. 

Basically it was a decent snowstorm this run, but not far off from a MECS 

Well ez said the airmass is decent...it's coming in instead of heading to Bermuda like this last system?

Remember last week how we saw the high moving out, run after freaking run.  How the cold air was moving out.  How crappy the low track was.  Now you look at this run, yes so much better.  Let's hope we trend this way and not later in the week it goes south on us.

But based on what DT said with MJO heading into phase 8.  Thats good.  AO heading into negative. I like to see the NAO head to negative, but won't.  Anyway, a model run that will get us into thinking, perhaps something big will happen next week.  Anyway, let's see how things trend.. 

The same thing goes for the bad scenario too....it was just as close to being a rainstorm as it being a MECS, if that makes sense. Like people have been saying the Atlantic setup isn't perfect, need good timing. 

Last night's EPS had about 8 or so similar solutions. If that # goes up substantially with the 12z run then it might get more interesting. I'm not sure why but I'm having a hard timing biting on this one. Seems like it would favor further north or elevation and not my yard. I do find the 12z euro op acceptable though. 

Last night's EPS had about 8 or so similar solutions. If that # goes up substantially with the 12z run then it might get more interesting. I'm not sure why but I'm having a hard timing biting on this one. Seems like it would favor further north or elevation and not my yard. I do find the 12z euro op acceptable though. 

agree...its hard to snow in our area in february

Archived