SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Med/Long Range Discussion Part 2

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That High Pressure in Canada coming down on days 7-8 is a beast, with 0 or below surface temps right over the border. I don't see a d@mn thing wrong with this setup. Your typical 6-10" NE'er. Something we have been lacking of late. I like that secondary storm that's following it up that's ots. Reminds me of the follow-up vort today in the TN Valley. The vorts in this NINO seem to travel in pairs. lol

Single digits and sub zero lows on the 24th and 25th per the euro. Snowcoverous maximous frigidity 

Cold has happened this year but it's generally been overmodeled at range. Wake me up when we have below -20C 850s. :P

My thoughts exactly.

You guys should know by now I get more enjoyment from looking at model runs then the actual storm.

It seems like every massive snowstorm we get by the time the storm starts I am absolutely drained. Sleeping 4 hours a night for 5-6 days straight. I end up passing out before the storm ends lol....

I'm sick, but you guys love it.

EPS rolling out now. 

12z GEFS analogs centered on Feb 29 have a solid signal.. prob one of the best of winter. For DCA, most are cold around period. 7 of 10 have accumulating snow within 5 days either side. 4 have 3"+ events, one just missed. Feb 1 2010 is on there (2010 did show up at times prior to the blizzard). :P

Ask Matt about the heater we are on.

I dont know if the bust the other day changes anything.  It was like one bad hand for a small pot and we saw the bust coming by the 0z models.  I still went 2-3" in my forecast that afternoon and we got nada...yesterday might offset that...I do think we're still on it. I think there has to be a March 2013 level bust to get off it...or at least a 12/10/13 level bust when we are under a warning and we get 0.5"

Big spread for that sys as you'd expect.. from Ohio to Bermuda. But the western ones are mainly powerhouses. There's some 970s out there. I'd probably doubt that based on how things have gone thus far. The near or below 1000mb solutions generally have a decent track. Some decent hits.. lots of nada so prob temp issues on plenty. Bob will have to look more into e50.

Big spread for that sys as you'd expect.. from Ohio to Bermuda. But the western ones are mainly powerhouses. There's some 970s out there. I'd probably doubt that based on how things have gone thus far. The near or below 1000mb solutions generally have a decent track. Some decent hits.. lots of nada so prob temp issues on plenty. Bob will have to look more into e50.

Peeked myself. Seems legit.

Physw35.gif

I think things look better after this potential storm moves through. We could still get something but the 5 days after are more appealing. You know...the storm after the storm pattern. lol

Take a look at 850 panels for the threat through. Looks like a lot of members drive a low right into WV. Mean 850's are warmer than last night's run. 

Archived