joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Med/Long Range Discussion Part 2

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This doesn't include the leap day storm on the gfs. lol. GFS decided to show what happens with a perfect sync of shortwaves and progressive highs. Weenie run. Euro ensembles very weak sauce through d10.

attachicon.gifgfsweeniesout.JPG

I'm mildly interested/excited for the period. Would be nice to have the European signaling as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm mildly interested/excited for the period. Would be nice to have the European signaling as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some good activity showing up d11-15 in a general sense but not much before that. It's sort of like a repeat of the current pattern but better ridging in the west. 

I would think the first week of march is in play this year. The pna/epo combo probably has some legs. 

Some good activity showing up d11-15 in a general sense but not much before that. It's sort of like a repeat of the current pattern but better ridging in the west. 

I would think the first week of march is in play this year. The pna/epo combo probably has some legs. 

I'm going to take back some of what I said here. EPS actually does have a coastal signal @ d10 and it's fairly strong for the lead. However, there aren't a lot of snowy solutions. Looks like temp issues or maybe a low to the NW causing some issues. On this MSLP plot you can see the area over WV indicates a possible mid level wrecker. 

ecmwf-ens_mslpa_us_11.png

12z GEFS from today is pretty prominent for the lead time...

gfs-ens_mslpa_us_40.png

The GEFS has a classic miller A track from FL to off of OBX to the benchmark. Maybe I am interested now...lol

12z Euro says???? Yay or Nay?

Euro doesn't have anything but it really doesn't mean anything. We're going to have to wait a good 4-5 days before getting a better handle on where we're going. I think inside of d10 is too early considering we're entering a mild stretch. 

GEFS mean looks good but the solutions are a mix of rain and snow with rain being in the majority. 

The 12z EPS signal for Day 10 is terrific. The Atlantic isn't ideal, but there is def a huge signal for a storm. 

I wouldn't say its terrific, but its not a bad look. There is high pressure to the north and NW..not super strong, but at least its not low pressure over the lakes. No blocking to speak of, and higher heights in the 50-50 region...so need to time it right. There is potential, but a storm, should there be one, could just as easily track inland.

Surprised Bob isn't more excited about the 12z EPS. The Atlantic isn't great but the signal for the storm is crazy for this time frame

I'm not going to get too invested in this one with the way the atlantic looks. Pure timing of amplication and a high moving lock step is hard to pull off and definitely not something that gets locked at long leads.

All options are on the table. I don't think any particular solution is favored at this range. A big snow storm is less likely than something messy/wet/or nothing at all.

Hopefully we get some some clarity by later in the week.

Archived