joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Lake effect snow thread

dmc76

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough to say with all the blowing and drifting but I'd say we've had at or just above 4" of snow here on the west side of London. And that's just from the steady stream of weaker multibands that have been coming in off Huron. Main show is to our north but it should sink in overnight. Could get wild and if it does...photos to follow :)

Tough to say with all the blowing and drifting but I'd say we've had at or just above 4" of snow here on the west side of London. And that's just from the steady stream of weaker multibands that have been coming in off Huron. Main show is to our north but it should sink in overnight. Could get wild and if it does...photos to follow :)

Good luck. Bands inching closer to here in North Dumfries Township. Keeping a close eye out.

Here's to hoping the Huron LES machine can produce a good event while you reside in town.   Would be a shame to be here for a couple years and not to experience something remotely memorable.   Fingers crossed for later on.   

Here's to hoping the Huron LES machine can produce a good event while you reside in town.   Would be a shame to be here for a couple years and not to experience something remotely memorable.   Fingers crossed for later on.   

It ain't going to be no December 2010, but if we could pull out a 14-16" type deal, I'd be impressed.

Snow depth is 4 or 5 inches.  Grass is covered again and the plows did the main roads earlier today.   Our side street doesn't really even need anything.  Like SSC said,  nothing has fallen for probably a couple hours.

Snowdepth is kind of erratic near where I live. I agree with your range as an average but some areas of the park across the street from me have grass showing and other areas look like drifts of 1'+.

The band will impact us but it's not going to have much for shelf life. Maybe 12 hours total before it moves back north and dies. And there's a chance the band may veer enough to get completely west of London for awhile too. So we lose valuable accumulation time if that happens. I'm guessing the band drops 6-8" as it drifts in and out of the city. Add 4-5" and there's your total. 

It's something and nothing all at the same time. lol

Snowdepth is kind of erratic near where I live. I agree with your range as an average but some areas of the park across the street from me have grass showing and other areas look like drifts of 1'+.

The band will impact us but it's not going to have much for shelf life. Maybe 12 hours total before it moves back north and dies. And there's a chance the band may veer enough to get completely west of London for awhile too. So we lose valuable accumulation time if that happens. I'm guessing the band drops 6-8" as it drifts in and out of the city. Add 4-5" and there's your total. 

It's something and nothing all at the same time. lol

Looks great on radar you're in for fun. Twitter report of 30cm (1 foot) in Exeter from reputable storm chasers.

It's pretty outside.   A rough eyeball estimate says around 6-8" inches OTG.  Still snowing but the band is on the eastern fringes of where I live so unless it locks position it's probably not much longer.   Not the big event hoped for,  but in this winter,  the best snowfall of the winter to date.

Yeah, I can't tell from just looking out my window. Visibility hasn't been too bad...so that was what my "unimpressed" comment was based on. That, and the lack of intense radar returns.

Back in Etobicoke with a scant dusting on the ground. My goodness did London look beautiful when I left. Probably about 12" down around 12:30pm  and it was coming down around a 1-1.5/hr rate.

Guessing storm totals in the 14-16" range will be common. And round II this weekend :)

Good call from last night.  Personally I was skeptical based on the look of radar but things improved overnight.  EC called it correctly. :whistle:    If we get anything of note on the weekend, I'll post some more pics.   Glad you at least witnessed this one in a pretty lame winter to date.

Archived