• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Lake effect snow thread

dmc76

Amazing pics Bo. Picked up 8" of snow today here. A place north of here received 12" of snow in 2 hours. Incredible rates today.

Heres a video as it moved through my area.

That is the best video of snow I've seen on YouTube, those are the rates I'm into. I would enjoy 4K video of snowfall like that. A timelapse of 12" in 2 hours, I would love to see.

The LES was underwhelming here as expected. I'm ready for the next chapter in the weather cycle, being screwed over endlessly isn't my kind of weather. Congrats on the London area getting something decent.

What happened to your signatures snowstormcanuck and BuffaloWeather? I liked both of them.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is the best video of snow I've seen on YouTube, those are the rates I'm into. I would enjoy 4K video of snowfall like that. A timelapse of 12" in 2 hours, I would love to see.

The LES was underwhelming here as expected. I'm ready for the next chapter in the weather cycle, being screwed over endlessly isn't my kind of weather. Congrats on the London area getting something decent.

What happened to your signatures snowstormcanuck and BuffaloWeather? I liked both of them.

I removed it by accident. ^_^ I'll try to replace once I get some time. If you thought that video was good, you should check out my channel I have about 10 other videos with higher snowfall rates than that one I think.

This was 5-6" per hour.

London Airport through 2/12 reporting a 15.6" total for both LES events. Can probably add at least 6" when what fell yesterday is added on.  

Thanks for the info Mike.  Beautiful day here with no wind.   Yesterday a friend came back to London from a week of skiing in Collingwood and said the winds yesterday afternoon made the drive a nightmare - whiteouts and very icy driving especially the last hour near here.

Only if I spend the day in BUF.

Everything eventually ends up more west then anticipated this season. I see no different with this setup. GFS was the first to spot this west trend. I think you are in a decent spot. I mean Toronto can't miss every event. Right?

Everything eventually ends up more west then anticipated this season. I see no different with this setup. GFS was the first to spot this west trend. I think you are in a decent spot. I mean Toronto can't miss every event. Right?

wrong. lol. We suck hard. You have no idea.

Just sit back and watch the trainwreck unfold

I removed it by accident. ^_^ I'll try to replace once I get some time. If you thought that video was good, you should check out my channel I have about 10 other videos with higher snowfall rates than that one I think.

This was 5-6" per hour.

I need to catch up on the November 17-?? 2014 event, the King. How could you tell if it was 5-6" per hour with winds that gusty? I would guess that would be constant less than 1 foot visibility because in my mind 2.5-3" per hour with those winds would be similar to that video but I haven't seen it above 360p or maybe you need 4K video before it can capture intensity of that level.

I need to catch up on the November 17-?? 2014 event, the King. How could you tell if it was 5-6" per hour with winds that gusty? I would guess that would be constant less than 1 foot visibility because in my mind 2.5-3" per hour with those winds would be similar to that video but I haven't seen it above 360p or maybe you need 4K video before it can capture intensity of that level.

There were reports of up to 8" in 1 hour in the hardest hit areas during that event. I've seen rates up to 8" per hour in lake snow events and have a good idea on how to judge snowfall rates. But during the storm I was measuring and that was the average during that time period. This was a pretty cool picture during the event that shows how fast the snow was coming down.

3La7yx3.png

Archived