amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January Mid/long Range Winter Discussion

Wow

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For day 8-9 EPS is still having run to to changes for how the blocking develops and the 50/50. Still don't like 17/18th outside of the mountains, millerb is favored and transfer over us to just north of us. I agree with RaleighWx's tweet that things look better after Jan 20th.

It sure won't be before then  :P   Not for most of us anyway. I'm still kinda excited for those in the mts and foothills these next couple of weeks  :D 

Thanks, guys.  I'm optimistic for the rest of the winter.  I'll try to include more cliches and insults for SnowNiner, going forward. :)

:lol:  You are preachin to the choir sir  :wub:   

props to snowlover, he's been harping on the clipper for next weds and the last 3 runs of the gfs have trended stronger with it.  and with highs below freezing for the top half of nc wednesday it will be plenty cold enough.  will be something to watch as we get within 72hrs or so this weekend.  

12z today:

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_19.png

12z yesterday:

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_23.png

It sure won't be before then   :P   Not for most of us anyway. I'm still kinda excited for those in the mts and foothills these next couple of weeks   :D

:lol:  You are preachin to the choir sir   :wub:   

Agreed, this is getting crazy that they haven't seen snow yet, they should start cleaning up.  

Also people are overlooking the closest threat which is the 12-13th clipper. I have a feeling as it gets closer and better sampled it will suddenly "pop up" and surprise people. CMC dropped some light snow over NC with it last night and GFS is close as well, just needs to dig it about 100 miles further south. Being 100-120 hours out that is certainly doable.

Also people are overlooking the closest threat which is the 12-13th clipper. I have a feeling as it gets closer and better sampled it will suddenly "pop up" and surprise people. CMC dropped some light snow over NC with it last night and GFS is close as well, just needs to dig it about 100 miles further south. Being 100-120 hours out that is certainly doable.

Need the PNA ridge just a little taller with less energy coming into it to crash it down.  Maybe we get lucky and get that.

Archived