joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Heavy Rain Events Thursday 9/10/15 & Sunday 9/13/15

Brian5671

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion, someone on LI/SCT receives the most rain with this entire 2 day event.

3"+.

Right now, I would say Western LI to NYC/SWCT.

I guess we're going to find out then aren't we? The RGEM indicated 2-4" almost areawide with pockets up to 5" locally. This will be the big test to see how accurate that model is.

Really turning in to a bad joke here. All the rain missed. Next batch looks to be east of here.

Not throwing in the to yet though as the evening batch should deliver

Are you getting this current burst? In seaford and its pouring. Letting up now but it rained. It actually rained! Lol

It did that by my house last night, only lasted 5-7 minutes but picked up close to an inch during a very short period of time. 

We need a warning, doing about 2=3": an hour right now. Thunder. Streets flooded from one side to the other. Have only seen that 2 other times. in 30 years!!!Also basement is flooding too. 3rd time for that 

We need a warning, doing about 2=3": an hour right now. Thunder. Streets flooded from one side to the other. Have only seen that 2 other times. in 30 years!!!Also basement is flooding too. 3rd time for that 

I really am shocked that they didn't hoist any flash flood watches. I know it has been dry but PWAT's are >2" for a large chunk of the area and a lot of rain in a short period will cause flooding no matter the preceding conditions. 

pwtr.gif?1441897580650

Shows the potential with this later.  PWATS are 2+ for much of the area.  Some of those 4 inch amounts are likely to verify

We are gonna do it here in 2 hours. More lightning and loud thunder. I am under the heaviest axis here. Its raining so hard it looks like snow. Based on the visibility I would call this legit SN+. We are about 1/16 of a mile

We are gonna do it here in 2 hours. More lightning and loud thunder. I am under the heaviest axis here. Its raining so hard it looks like snow. Based on the visibility I would call this legit SN+. We are about 1/16 of a mile

get video too.  Wow.  Nothing here on the CT shore-looking like that big batch might miss me to the east...

Archived