Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and the fringes - Summer into Fall

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tomorrow is probably the last day we see widespread 90+ readings across PA until next year.

Thank the Lord.  All you warmies should be happier than a lark from this summer.  Glad you got your wish.

Regarding the keeping the Summer post open, that's fine, but I'd ask that we at least have Fall added to thread line as it would be somewhat misleading to those that want to come in and join us in the fun... 

thanks.

Nut

Thank the Lord.  All you warmies should be happier than a lark from this summer.  Glad you got your wish.

Regarding the keeping the Summer post open, that's fine, but I'd ask that we at least have Fall added to thread line as it would be somewhat misleading to those that want to come in and join us in the fun... 

thanks.

Nut

I'm a warmie (nobody would ever guess though... :P ) and I have been quite pleased with this summer. Still, I hate to see it go.

As for the temp today...it's already up to 92 in my backyard, and it's only 12:30pm.

Your seasons coming nut! ;) Glad to see you checking in more often!

its my drug......what can i say??

thx man. I'll be back in a few weeks, once the cool autumn breezes start flowing and more chatter about the waining?? Nino start to take some shape for where we are headed this winter.  Early looks are dismal to decent (Euro Seasonal out today looked decent at 500mb, but way way too early to hang a hat on anything.  Lots of gnashing of teeth and pulling of hair.  I look forward to tracking w/ my CPA crew.

Nut

Nut

Second day in a row of record heat. 92 yesterday beat the daily record of 90, and now 93 to break today's record of 92.

Precip-wise - after being +3.50" for JJA in early July, we finished just +0.36", and with the early September rain misses so far, we are now actually -0.55" since June started. Quite a swing after the well-above normal June.

Looks like KUNV hit 90F, I think for the first time since 2013.

I think it's likely there will be an anomalously strong subtropical jet this winter given the strength of the current El Nino event. Too early to say much more than that but it will be interesting to monitor as we get into the cool season.

Looks like KUNV hit 90F, I think for the first time since 2013.

I think it's likely there will be an anomalously strong subtropical jet this winter given the strength of the current El Nino event. Too early to say much more than that but it will be interesting to monitor as we get into the cool season.

That much is certain and does not bode well for those who enjoy a persistent snow pack south of 41N.  If we do not get a staunch -NAO and reasonably favorable set up in the Pacific, then the game is over before it's even started.  Don't see how there's much to be excited for snow lovers this year.

That much is certain and does not bode well for those who enjoy a persistent snow pack south of 41N.  If we do not get a staunch -NAO and reasonably favorable set up in the Pacific, then the game is over before it's even started.  Don't see how there's much to be excited for snow lovers this year.

There's far too much uncertainty to necessarily rule out an at least moderately snowy winter at this point.

You mean just like that great -NAO that we had last year..... :whistle:

its going to be a long year if we start wishin it away already.  The last few seasons should have taught us all a good lesson in letting the cards play out before folding...

Nut

Interestingly, we here in Schuylkill County have no flood statements at all...yet. So far since the onset of rain about an hour ago, we've picked up 0.25", and it looks to continue for at least a few more hours. Rates have been steady at about a quarter inch per hour.

Odd that most of the flood products are for south and east of here.

Archived