joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2015/16

snywx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suppression seems to be less and less an issue with this setup. Would hate to speak to soon and see it trend the wrong way tho.

I really don't see this closing off that early, the high retreats and flattens on every model except the euro, causing the system to stay a bit more south, I really think we see the euro do a full cave by Wednesday to GGEM and GFS

Lots to watch and monitor The snow weenie in me wants to get super excited, but the realistic part of me says to chill and not get emotionally invested for the risk of getting burned. Well, at least we have some high potential here after a pretty boring season so far.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Couldn't agree more

Sounds like the EPS are NW of the ops.. Def a good trend

I was looking at the individuals and, like the GEFS, they are a little inconsistent the further north one goes from NYC. For my area, there are about 10-12 near/total misses (<3" of snow), 14-16 big hits (>10"), and the rest are in between. A little more consensus than 00z but the mean isn't much different (though there is a sharper cutoff to the north this run).

Heard someone say 500mb setup could warrant a little south trend can anyone explain that?

We want it to close off further to the N. If the euro is correct then no way places up here receive 12"+.. Cant recall when we received that much snow from a system cut off near NC/VA. The system will just occlude to the south and rot down there.

I would not want to have your job if this storm ends up giving DC 3 feet and whiffing in NYC. That would be a meltdown for the ages.

Are you nuts? A small part of me would gladly give up the storm to watch (and then ban) all the meltdown posts (and the "i told you so" people too). Either way its gonna be epic.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=r5J78-XGNZA

Wtf why can i suddenly not embed vids?

Archived