joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2015/16

snywx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God I wish this was a Tuesday storm, not next Saturday lol....

Moderate to heavy snowfall, from Saturday 2am till Sunday 2pm.....

I also wish it was only a couple days away. We'll see about this one, but it's something to really watch.

If this does verify, it will give us a lot more confidence in the models.

12 hours of blizzard criteria per GFS and GGEM, winds are insane inland

I have a question for you, or anyone really. How similar is this track to the Blizzard of 1996? Also, are the models showing similar signs of what they showed then? Just curious and not trying to compare the two.

I've lived in this area for 10 years and the best storm I remember was 2/14-15 2014. Had about 8" during the day and another 14" at night in like 5 hours. Last year I was skiing at gore when the blizzard was supposed to come home so I left early to make it home and the feeling waking up to 3" was terrible. I agree with earlier posts we seem to have trouble in recent years getting hit really hard up here other than that one storm I mentioned in 2014.

best storm i ever witnessed, 30 inches here and snowpack of 38

Amazing storm.  Butler will forever remember it lol.

Hello everyone I'm new to this and am from Poughkeepsie. I've been following this tho and I'm starting to get a little excited for this storm. Hopefully it works out unlike last years blizzard I'll always remember how bummed I was after that bust

Welcome LaGrangewx :D

I haven't been here long, but it's a nice place and I've learned a lot.

Thanks! And I know it's early but I'm thinking the city points south and west like central jersey is a real good spot for this one

If the euro ens show N of the op then I may bite but otherwise I think we get fringed up here. The rule I stand by is... If its showing all snow all the way to the NJ coast & LI then you can pretty much bet your bottom dollar that we will fringe. We have been burned way too many times to bite this early. 

Hello everyone I'm new to this and am from Poughkeepsie. I've been following this tho and I'm starting to get a little excited for this storm. Hopefully it works out unlike last years blizzard I'll always remember how bummed I was after that bust

Welcome. A good friend of mine lives in LaGranville as well.

A ton of model runs to go before we get any confidence on snow amounts up here.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That's true for most places, with the possible exception of the interior Mid-Atlantic which looks to be in the sweet spot for this one as of now. 

At least we have something to track finally. I've been having withdrawal from seeing "biggest ____ run of our lives coming up" comments this winter. 

Archived