wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Texas/New Mexico/Louisiana/Mexico Obs And Discussion Thread Part 7

wxmx

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The temp spread is fairly large on either side of the pre-existing boundary. With the storm passing just behind it, low-level shear is probably being enhanced, but it also isn't surface-based. Elevated mesocyclones can still produce some big time hail though, especially with abundant CAPE like today.

a5bcce232b56a68df82237d21ea63aa9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So surly this means that my house has hit it's hail quote for the next 10 years? Destructive hail twice in just over two weeks for the overlap area. Then the area down by George Bush and 30 was hit by the Dec 26th tornado. 

Cf2oZ5UW4AA5duV.jpg

I'd expand that to include a large lobe from a cell that exploded and almost immediately went severe and merged into the main body of the in progress supercell. Richardson had hail over 1in in diameter reported and almost the entire city of Plano, exception west Plano/Legacy West.

It was quite the sight to watch it pass a comfortably close distance north of Love Field though. We were incredibly concerned about our planes.

The March PDO came in at 2.40 and the only comparable year is 1941 that came in at 2.41. That year stayed positive right on through the year and the climate models seem to be indicating that could very well happen this year. The NMME goes out to SON:

NMME_ensemble_tmpsfc_season5.png

Also, 1941 had above normal precipitation across all of Texas for AMJ and that is looking like a good bet again this year.

San Antonio currently under a warning for a storm with baseball sized hail. Storms just north up to San Marcos look to be bowing out. Very, very nasty conditions just SW of here. Currently some pretty loud thunder where I am, worst looks to slide just south of Austin right now.

Looks like another bad combo of wind driven large hail in a densely populated suburban area. Seeing reports of 3.5"+ hail and winds over 60 mph.

Looks like another bad combo of wind driven large hail in a densely populated suburban area. Seeing reports of 3.5"+ hail and winds over 60 mph.

Yep, these storms look to be producing some purple echos once in a while-likely huge hail under them. Austin's dodging a huge bullet tonight. Hopefully northern San Antonio isn't too bad, but it's looking like they had it rough. 

So surly this means that my house has hit it's hail quote for the next 10 years? Destructive hail twice in just over two weeks for the overlap area. Then the area down by George Bush and 30 was hit by the Dec 26th tornado.

Cf2oZ5UW4AA5duV.jpg

HA, nowhere near close to quota.. Probably can kiss cheap insurance rates goodbye for a few years when shopping around now tho.... (Former sales agent here)

Archived