SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Spring Banter Thread

HailMan06

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read it in an anthology....included Guy de Maussapant's The Necklace...Poe's The Cask of Amontillado...and, I think, my all time favorite short story...by far...Willa Cather's Paul's Case.

I've never read that story by Cather. I've read her My Antonia, O! Pioneers and Death Comes for the Archbisop.

T.Y. Long Beach. Life is very much a series of contradictions. Consider the old saying...which has considerable merit: "Choose your enemies carefully...for it is they who you will eventually resemble." Human beings have a strange tendency...as they move through life...to change places with those they once disliked or held in contempt. The rowdy student grows up to be a strict teacher. The tomboyish girl evolves into the fashion conscious woman. The college Marxist ends up working on Wall Street as an investment banker. The religious fundamentalist becomes an atheist...or the other way around. It is very strange.

Very true. Growing up I hated organized sports as my dad was always the coach. All I wanted to do was surf/skate/ride. Now not so much I still enjoy said activities but I also enjoy organized sports. If I have kids they will probably hate the beach

It really is a strange universe...look at Patton...he goes though WW I...then WW II...incredibly dangerous...living every day in constant peril...and after the war is over and he has miraculously survived it all...what happens? He dies in a civilian car accident shortly thereafter. Is that crazy?

Stranger things have happened yourself being a good example. I appreciate your bravery for being who you truly are.

Guest Pamela

Stranger things have happened yourself being a good example. I appreciate your bravery for being who you truly are.

As we said during the 30's...but seemingly very much out of vogue in recent years...much obliged. 

Obviously we don't know each other terribly well...but per your semi-cynical worldview that seems to come through in some of your message board writing...I'd have pegged you for red pill...most cynics prefer reality, even an unpalatable one...to blissful ignorance. 

The real world they paint in the Matrix looks too difficult to navigate.

If THAT was reality, I don't think I want it. As Cypher explained to Smith.

If reality was more palatable, I'd certainly want that.

Guest Pamela

OMG Orange stop "nitpicking" on AG3 this second!!!!

*Can't stop laughing*

Hey Orange...you need to stop being "bitter" too!!!! (If stating model output constitutes "bitterness"). As a colleague of mine at work sometimes says to me..."You're ok Pammy...its the world that's messed up."

..was scrolling thru storm thread. .oh what a tangled web ..lol..what a fitting way to close snowfall season for Coast and city. ..IMO ..2-4 inch snowfall potential ..with a few grassy areas getting higher amounts ..as much as I love snow ..this event ..has a high bust potential.. IMO ..due to ..climo ..but time will tell ..as a side note ..people are bashing Met. ..Steve D..but he may not be crzy after all ..

Guest Pamela

OMG Orange stop "nitpicking" on AG3 this second!!!!

*Can't stop laughing*

Orange, children are far more sensible than that...

Guest Pamela

..was scrolling thru storm thread. .oh what a tangled web ..lol..what a fitting way to close snowfall season for Coast and city. ..IMO ..2-4 inch snowfall potential ..with a few grassy areas getting higher amounts ..as much as I love snow ..this event ..has a high bust potential.. IMO ..due to ..climo ..but time will tell ..as a side note ..people are bashing Met. ..Steve D..but he may not be crzy after all ..

Thank God its almost over Snowman...

Guest Pamela

It will all be gone Saturday anyway.....I'm just going to enjoy whatever falls. It's been a great end to the winter in our parts.....a few more inches will be nice

It was nice making your acquaintance WG...you have a great deal of writing ability and I have enjoyed our discussions.

Guest Pamela

Ag3, let's continue In here, I enjoy this

Personally, I'd be willing to ante up a dime if he went back to his other board...

You know what they say.....Birds of a feather bored flock to weather boards. We must all find peace with our snowfall totals. Although I've made mean comments about both the NAM and the GFS before, sometimes I wish I could take them back. In difficult times when those models are at the center of weather related arguments stemming from their snow total maps, deep inside I know that both of those models just want the best for all of us. Before ridiculing them, please take at least a moment or two to think about how you would feel if the tables were turned, and those models were bashing us all.....it might be an eye opener, though for me it really tugged on my heartstrings as well

It was nice making your acquaintance WG...you have a great deal of writing ability and I have enjoyed our discussions.

Thank you very much. Though I don't comment on too many posts (been lurking lately), I can say that you are one of the few people that I've had great conversations with on this forum and whose posts are always a joy to read

Archived