joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/25 event venting/whining/whatever thread

BullCityWx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brad had some tweets along the lines of "STOP TRYING TO CALL IT OVER THE WORST IS COMING WITH THE ULL" type crap.

I like Brad.. but really?

I like Brad, he seems like a nice guy and he also seems like he knows what he's doing. There are few local mets who put in the work for a storm that he does. He probably hasn't slept much lately and it's a brutal job at times like this. Heck, it's been a tough winter for everyone. The GFS is new and no one knows what it will do and the Euro has gone crazy.

I like Brad, he seems like a nice guy and he also seems like he knows what he's doing. There are few local mets who put in the work for a storm that he does. He probably hasn't slept much lately and it's a brutal job at times like this. Heck, it's been a tough winter for everyone. The GFS is new and no one knows what it will do and the Euro has gone crazy.

I like good Ole' Jim Gandy in this area.  Hell, he even gave me a follow on Twitter earlier and I was ecstatic!

The only met to nail Hugo while everyone else gave craptastic forecasts.  Tonight he said it straight up: "well the snow line is way north".  Never had any outrageous totals around etc.

I feel like for the majority of us, we just like to lay the blame on the Mets bc it's easy. When in reality for the majority that use these forums we set our own expectations based off of models and not the Mets. We get mad when a model shows a foot and the local mets say 2-4, we get mad when the Mets finally cave to what the models are saying and then it doesn't happen. It's amazing the emotions these storms bring out. I'm one of the worst, you can ask my wife.

I honestly think I'd rather live in Waycross than here. At least I would never expect any snow. No disappointment ever. I mean it snows there once every 50 years.

I honestly think I might be better off in a place where it basically never snows than somewhere like GA or AL where it snows just enough to torture me that it doesn't snow more. :lol:

I feel like for the majority of us, we just like to lay the blame on the Mets bc it's easy. When in reality for the majority that use these forums we set our own expectations based off of models and not the Mets. We get mad when a model shows a foot and the local mets say 2-4, we get mad when the Mets finally cave to what the models are saying and then it doesn't happen. It's amazing the emotions these storms bring out. I'm one of the worst, you can ask my wife.

Before I started to care to learn the weather... I was tired of being let down by almost all of them.  Now, the models let me down more than a local met ever could.  I think it's the kids who are the most let down generally by the media.

I thought I'll be disappointed at 4" of snow considering we had a shot at 6-8 inches, but you know what? It's too beautiful outside to not be :) I'm just glad we got close to normal for this winter even though it was so promising at first.

You know, my target spot if I were to chase tonight was Asheville.  I thought it was a place that wouldn't 100% bust.

Zero doubts he works hard and i'm sure hes highly educated. I understand snows around here are hard to pin down. Which is why my opinion is he did a crap job by saying the entire county was in a 7-10 inch line and then even later in the night pointing out that the heaviest snow was on the way when it was apparent that there was nothing more.  I mean come on...there were guys on here that just follow 2-3 storms a year pointing out that wasnt going to happen just by looking at a radar. 

Look, I get it. Nothing pushes the needle int he south like a snowstorm and these news stations really need to get as many viewers as they can during these high periods.  I just know that I won't be trusting anything he puts out anymore.  I'm sure that doesn't matter to him...plenty of people will still watch.  I just wont. 

Sometimes I think I should just go ahead and move to Waycross, GA.  I ended up banned over on that other craptasatic AL dominated forum on a recent melt-down.  Haha

Oh so that's why I haven't seen you over there the last couple days. I was wondering what happened to you.  That was an epic meltdown, btw.

I like good Ole' Jim Gandy in this area.  Hell, he even gave me a follow on Twitter earlier and I was ecstatic!

The only met to nail Hugo while everyone else gave craptastic forecasts.  Tonight he said it straight up: "well the snow line is way north".  Never had any outrageous totals around etc.

I've always liked Jim Gandy.  He just generally goes about his business, per se'.  He doesn't get caught up in any, hype talk, either.

Your current observations say 33F & Fog? Is that right? WOW

No clue, I'm in Terre Haute, Indiana where wearing a t-shirt is comfortable in 20-degree weather since that's a heat wave compared to -5 to -10 low temps and single digit highs. If I was at home I'd be out enjoying whatever was in my yard snow wise with my dogs since they love it. I get home Friday and I'm sure it'll be gone by then.

Oh so that's why I haven't seen you over there the last couple days. I was wondering what happened to you.  That was an epic meltdown, btw.

I got nailed pretty fast for going HAM on CoreyTucker with random drunk/mad model watching dribble.  From what people have told me, it was pretty gross and brutal haha.

I think he used to post here.. or is back on a new name.. or something weird.

Anyway, I mainly used that place to be non-serious mode when drinking now... stopped doing that so much over here..  They deleted a new account.. guess they didn't accept my apology.

I learn a ton more here.

I honestly think I might be better off in a place where it basically never snows than somewhere like GA or AL where it snows just enough to torture me that it doesn't snow more. :lol:

I would definitely rather live in a place where it never snows than to live in a place where you constantly get teased with nothing to show for it. I mean all of this model watching, fantasy snowstorms, arctic air, copious amounts of moisture, and what is the ending result ? A trace of snow and sleet. It's just brutal here in Georgia. We are in the screw zone here. North of us in NC and TN you guys get your snow every year, even if it's just a little. South of us in South GA and FL they never get snow and probably never will in any of our lifetimes. I live in the worst possible place on earth when it comes to snow.

I would definitely rather live in a place where it never snows than to live in a place where you constantly get teased with nothing to show for it. I mean all of this model watching, fantasy snowstorms, arctic air, copious amounts of moisture, and what is the ending result ? A trace of snow and sleet. It's just brutal here in Georgia.

I do not think there has ever been a massive bust around KCAE like what happened in ATL/GSP over the years  I have been following.  I mean, they have missed snow.. but in the end, they weren't really calling for something historic either.

That has to suck.. the people in NYC, ATL, GSP areas.. I'd assume CLT for the most part..  If it happened down here, I'd grab a bottle of jack and call the NWS @ KCAE to have a nice chat. (kidding)

I lurk on the board intermittently throughout winter, and follow a few storms per year.

Unfortunately, this storm is going to end that. When my end goal (honestly) is to know ahead of time and have the most accurate data regarding area snowfall, and this type of disappointment results, it's simply not worth it. Takes up too much family/friend/work time, with too much emotional investment for most-often sub-par results.

I don't have the same passion to follow weather for the rest of the year, either like many of you. Maybe I'll be drawn back, but I think this is my last go round. Not a great note to end on.

You know, my target spot if I were to chase tonight was Asheville.  I thought it was a place that wouldn't 100% bust.

Snow ratio was just too low at like 8-9:1 to get anything good. I'm pretty sure we got 5-6" overall but some of that melted because of we're at like 30-31 degrees the whole night so I only managed to measure 4". NWS GSP did a hell of job for Asheville with their 4.5" forecast even though potential was there for 6-8". It's not really that big of bust for us as it is for those east of us, but I'm still left wondering what could've been with a better cold air source. Then again, KAVL only pick up 0.47" so far... (kudos GFS...)

I lurk on the board intermittently throughout winter, and follow a few storms per year.

Unfortunately, this storm is going to end that. When my end goal (honestly) is to know ahead of time and have the most accurate data regarding area snowfall, and this type of disappointment results, it's simply not worth it. Takes up too much family/friend/work time, with too much emotional investment for most-often sub-par results.

I don't have the same passion to follow weather for the rest of the year, either like many of you. Maybe I'll be drawn back, but I think this is my last go round. Not a great note to end on.

I understand your frustration.. but like myself even (along with many others) when Winter comes around... not coming to this forum and looking at models is like having an unscratched lottery ticket.  Temptation will win out.

Snow ratio was just too low at like 8-9:1 to get anything good. I'm pretty sure we got 5-6" overall but some of that melted because of we're at like 30-31 degrees the whole night so I only managed to measure 4". NWS GSP did a hell of job for Asheville with their 4.5" forecast even though potential was there for 6-8". It's not really that big of bust for us as it is for those east of us, but I'm still left wondering what could've been with a better cold air source. Then again, KAVL only pick up 0.47" so far... (kudos GFS...)

Not even kidding you... a 1040HP comes in this weekend.. anchors down (tries to develop a 1044 center) and THEN holds on for the long haul.  Just no storm... you gotta check that out.. on the 00z GFS.

Not even kidding you... a 1040HP comes in this weekend.. anchors down (tries to develop a 1044 center) and THEN holds on for the long haul.  Just no storm... you gotta check that out.. on the 00z GFS.

If we get this storm a week ago, we'll be in 6-10" range for sure. *sigh* It happens, though. We're still doing better than most except for Roxboro to Lake Norman areas so I can't really complain. If I was back home, I would've gotten sleet with a dusting of snow.

At least trees will be beautiful in the morning!

If we get this storm a week ago, we'll be in 6-10" range for sure. *sigh* It happens, though. We're still doing better than most except for Roxboro to Lake Norman areas so I can't really complain. If I was back home, I would've gotten sleet with a dusting of snow.

At least trees will be beautiful in the morning!

Luckily November 1st, I saw the big ULL snow to not make it all a waste.

Funny story about that.  I wasn't following the models or forums until I saw something someone referenced on social media about an ULL possibly tracking through the SE.  So I got my snow when I wasn't actively tracking.  Maybe that should be a lesson to me.

Very confusing storm. I'm in Concord and I've been hearing reports of 5" somewhere in town. Not sure where but sure as heck nimby.

Had some beautiful snow, at times heavy and have about 2-2.5"

I too was shocked when Bp put up 7-10" for such a large area.

Where did he get that info.

Imo all of the Mets in CLT failed with this storm. It's pretty embarrassing actually.

Been raining at my house for hours.. 7-10" I can't imagine how that will happen at this point.

Congrats to those who cashed in.

Very confusing storm. I'm in Concord and I've been hearing reports of 5" somewhere in town. Not sure where but sure as heck nimby.

Had some beautiful snow, at times heavy and have about 2-2.5"

I too was shocked when Bp put up 7-10" for such a large area.

Where did he get that info.

Imo all of the Mets in CLT failed with this storm. It's pretty embarrassing actually.

Been raining at my house for hours.. 7-10" I can't imagine how that will happen at this point.

Congrats to those who cashed in.

i've yet to see a picture where someone has a ruler in snow and its showing 5".  Every picture i've seen like that, the max is 3".  Every picture saying more than 3 is just a foggy picture showing snow on the ground.  I don't doubt some areas got 5...i just don't think it happened around these parts.

Archived