• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country and Canadian/VT Borders Mid Feb. 2015 through end of Winter

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried like heck to upload my video, but it wouldn't work, but you can tell from that weird NIKE swoosh, it snowed like I've never seen it snow like. Visibility literally 250 feet. Snowfall of 3" in one hr. I never expected this. KING, You Were right. IT did PUKE snow tonite on Rochester.

CRAY. CRAY.

What a nite. I wish I could upload that video! Any advice? I have all apple stuff.

We are having a 'death band'. Insane rates. AND remember, Rochester lake effect doesn't typically show on the BUF radar. So put that in your pipe an smoke it! Holy shoooooooot. More pics coming.

Haha congrats, looking forward to the pics. A nice squall is coming through here right now, hoping for 1" lol.

There is lake effect occurring on a NW flow and then there is that lake enhanced mesoscale feature that is MUCH deeper than the rest of the stuff. Absolutely pouring snow here. There are signs that more of these lobes of moisture will pivot through overnight.

We are having a 'death band'. Insane rates. AND remember, Rochester lake effect doesn't typically show on the BUF radar. So put that in your pipe an smoke it! Holy shoooooooot. More pics coming.

A lot of moving pieces out there tonight...several lake bands have developed and although transient, have produced.  We had the arctic front and squall line and embedded small squall lines that rotated down to SYR following the main line.  And this is after the weird whacky storm assisted lake effect that smacked WNY earlier today. I'm still not even sure what the hell happened out there with Lake Erie frozen.  Voodoo.  

Looks like some moisture trying to rotate SW into CNY, generally along what appears to be a NW-SE oriented trough that is generating snowfall as the ULL deepens and translates east.  

Hey LEK, I really would like to know how YOU knew the South Lake Ontario Shore was going to, in your word, "puke snow". I had my reservations. I would love to know what parameters and maps you looked at. Because your fcst was straight up amazing. Almost every meteorologist in Rochester lost hart and dropped their totals as of the 6pm and especially the 11pm news cast.

You never lost conviction. Just a gut thing?

I never saw this as a big storm, but ended up seeing some of the best snow rates of my life! Probably around 7" of new snow and still snowing at 1" an hr. So I WAS WRONG, and YOU were RIGHT!

I can eat me hat now.

But I doubt even you saw that weirdo meso low that dropped 3" in an hour over my head. See my last posts for radar.

Fun nite. But I would like to know what it was you saw that made you soooo confident.

Almost the entire south shore of Lake Ontario has Moderate to HVY snow. From Mid Wayne county all the way West to Niagara Falls. I can attest to the snowfall. The snowflakes are a bit smaller than I'd like for hvy accumulations, but we have had less than 1/2 mile visibility in Irondequoit for 4.5 hrs. And for most of that, less than 1/4, For some of it less than 200 ft with that insane band, meso low. I Now have at least 30" on the ground. 8" of it from tonite. I could easily see another 4" by mid afternoon.

Picked up about 3 inches overnight. First glances at the visible satellite show a significantly shifted around ice pack on the lakes which is pretty cool. Lake Erie's ice is compressed along th entire southern shore now. I wouldn't be surprised to see that lake ontarios loose ice pack has done the same thing. I'd like to drive up and check it out.

Picked up about 3 inches overnight. First glances at the visible satellite show a significantly shifted around ice pack on the lakes which is pretty cool. Lake Erie's ice is compressed along th entire southern shore now. I wouldn't be surprised to see that lake ontarios loose ice pack has done the same thing. I'd like to drive up and check it out.

Is it still snowing in Niagara Falls?

Hey LEK, I really would like to know how YOU knew the South Lake Ontario Shore was going to, in your word, "puke snow". I had my reservations. I would love to know what parameters and maps you looked at. Because your fcst was straight up amazing. Almost every meteorologist in Rochester lost hart and dropped their totals as of the 6pm and especially the 11pm news cast.

You never lost conviction. Just a gut thing?

I never saw this as a big storm, but ended up seeing some of the best snow rates of my life! Probably around 7" of new snow and still snowing at 1" an hr. So I WAS WRONG, and YOU were RIGHT!

I can eat me hat now.

But I doubt even you saw that weirdo meso low that dropped 3" in an hour over my head. See my last posts for radar.

Fun nite. But I would like to know what it was you saw that made you soooo confident.

Thanks....just experience from many LES events .

a meso low swirl at the west 1/2 of Lake Ontario, as some of you have noticed. I wonder what will happen when the trough gets absorbed into it. That, in my opinion, is Monroe counties last hope. But I never had high expectations for this low confidence forecast.

but i still hold out hope.

What the hell happened to the KING? havent seen a post for a while. we need his input.

Valentine's night......new girlfriend...'nuff said!!!! :)

The current radar is actually filling in nicely right now. Nothing overly significant but it will keep snow in air for the next few hours which is always nice. It would appear that the winds are aligning slightly more out of the north now and some additional moisture is also coming through.

post-912-0-22849100-1424012969_thumb.jpg

Archived