joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Post super bowl storm Model discussion

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we clarify what is coming North please? SLP? Precip shield? 850s? Surface freezing line?

Sent from my iPhone

probably let it play out for a few minutes and im sure you will have your answers.  The SLP looks a touch north right now, but it is hard to tell on my phone and we'll know soon enough

I don't see why this wouldn't keep ticking north at this point and there's plenty more time to do so. I say it's mostly rain south of 78 and the Gfs will end up being correct. I'll feel even more confident about this if the next two runs of the gfs continue to tick north and warmer.

The danger of flooding will be real if the warm trend continues as it'll start impacting areas that had 2'+ of snow.

Lol, not sure how this is logical. -AO, -NAO, -EPO, -WPO do not support a rain solution. Granted the wildcard as always is the PNA. It is positive right now. Question is does it pulse downward in the next 48 hours and how much can that overcome all the other favorable teleconnectors we have.

Lol, not sure how this is logical. -AO, -NAO, -EPO, -WPO do not support a rain solution. Granted the wildcard as always is the PNA. It is positive right now. Question is does it pulse downward in the next 48 hours and how much can that overcome all the other favorable teleconnectors we have.

I've been saying this for the past several days. I see the room for this to translate South, but not North. Overcoming these global patterns is pretty hard for a s/w to do. In fact I'd venture to say it's nearly impossible, unless we get a behemoth of a storm (which this is not). We have blocking, granted it's rather East based, but nonetheless, the blocking is there. The -AO also means that the PV is not just going to retreat. This is not going to just run into this PV and displace it.

I've been saying this for the past several days. I see the room for this to translate South, but not North. Overcoming these global patterns is pretty hard for a s/w to do. In fact I'd venture to say it's nearly impossible, unless we get a behemoth of a storm (which this is not). We have blocking, granted it's rather East based, but nonetheless, the blocking is there. The -AO also means that the PV is not just going to retreat. This is not going to just run into this PV and displace it.

Problem is the PV is zonally elongated as the storm over the Canadian Maritimes pulls away. A more potent and negatively tilted shortwave could easily pump heights up across the east coast.

AGREE 100% People keep talking about the big Snow/Mix/Rain storm from last year but this pattern is completely different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived