FLUVANNA-PRINCE EDWARD-CUMBERLAND-GOOCHLAND-CAROLINE-MECKLENBURG-

LUNENBURG-NOTTOWAY-AMELIA-POWHATAN-BRUNSWICK-DINWIDDIE-

PRINCE GEORGE-CHARLES CITY-NEW KENT-GREENSVILLE-SUSSEX-SURRY-

JAMES CITY-WESTERN LOUISA-EASTERN LOUISA-WESTERN HANOVER-

EASTERN HANOVER-WESTERN CHESTERFIELD-EASTERN CHESTERFIELD-

WESTERN HENRICO-EASTERN HENRICO-WESTERN KING WILLIAM-

EASTERN KING WILLIAM-WESTERN KING AND QUEEN-

EASTERN KING AND QUEEN-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...FARMVILLE...GOOCHLAND...SOUTH HILL...

CREWE...LAWRENCEVILLE...PETERSBURG...HOPEWELL...EMPORIA...

WAKEFIELD...WILLIAMSBURG...LOUISA...MINERAL...ASHLAND...

MECHANICSVILLE...MIDLOTHIAN...BON AIR...CHESTERFIELD...CHESTER...

COLONIAL HEIGHTS...RICHMOND...SANDSTON...AYLETT...KING WILLIAM...

WEST POINT...KING AND QUEEN COURTHOUSE

1032 AM EST SUN JAN 17 2016

...SNOW AFFECTING CENTRAL AND SOUTH CENTRAL VIRGINIA...

SNOW WILL CONTINUE ACROSS CENTRAL AND SOUTH CENTRAL VIRGINIA

THROUGH EARLY AFTERNOON. SNOW WILL REDUCE VISIBILITY TO ONE MILE

OR LESS. ACCUMULATION WILL AVERAGE AROUND ONE INCH AND ACCUMULATE

MAINLY ON THE GRASS AND ELEVATED SURFACES.

MOTORISTS SHOULD BE ALERT FOR REDUCED VISIBILITY DUE TO AREAS OF

SNOW. DRIVE AT REDUCED SPEEDS AND USE LOW BEAM HEADLIGHTS.

Light to moderate snow in Hollywood. Sticking to everything non-paved. Hopefully an appetizer to next weekend!

Nice! It looks like the southern tip of St. Mary's is getting it good. Radar looks like it might fill in enough to get up here? I had some light/moderate snow this morning but it stopped. No accumulations though.

oh snap! It's not a party until the south and the east reunite. welcome back to one and all. moderate snow here with everything coated

We're back! Need some GIF's up in here lol

At least we are going to have some serious winds and unbelievable rainfall rates.

With that warm ocean- snow isn't happening here

Ocean has cooled and will continue to do so this week. Water was warmer in Dec 09 and we managed mix to snow 6-10" in my immediate area. As of now I expect a Jan '96 type event with solid front end snow with rain to wash about half away and end with a few more inches snow. Maybe better than that.

Ocean has cooled and will continue to do so this week. Water was warmer in Dec 09 and we managed mix to snow 6-10" in my immediate area. As of now I expect a Jan '96 type event with solid front end snow with rain to wash about half away and end with a few more inches snow. Maybe better than that.

I would expect about the same, even with the euro depiction....the big ones always mix for us

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

In all seriousness, I wish there was more talk about NHK and SBY in addition to DCA/IAD/BWI/RIC/CHO

It would be nice....we are kind of stuck in a gray area, Delaware is technically part of the Philly forum, while all of Maryland is considered part of this one....I for one, think that DE is closer to the rest of the mid Atlantic climo wise than Philly and it's environs...

But yeah trying to decipher what a model shows for us based on output for reporting stations more than 100 miles away kind of sucks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I have a feeling here in Easton it's gonna whisker close between snow-rain-snow and sleet-rain-sleet.  I'm hoping this thing turns out more like what the Euro ensembles are showing than the op.

I think Easton will see quite a bit of snow. More than Salisbury and areas south of you. Yes, some mixing does look likely.

In all the models snowfall maps (from what I've seen), you have the snow amounts start to drop off in central/southern Calvert and St. Mary's. It mostly looks like they have us around the 10" mark or so? My concern is still we wind up with something like Feb. 2014 where after the front end snow, we struggle with mixing while BWI/DCA and all points north/west get clobbered. That storm underperformed in my area. DC/Baltimore can sit comfortably but I feel like my area is flirting too much with that rain/snow line. I've set the bar IMBY at just getting at least 5-6 inches, then I'll be happy.

Salisbury may wind up with more snow last Saturday than this weekend.  :bag: