• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southern MD / Lower Eastern Shore weather discussion

PrinceFrederickWx

All freezing rain here. Nice icy glaze forming on all surfaces. Pretty confused because our hourly breakdown forecast keeps extending the event. First it ended at 7pm, then 1am, and now it saying not until 7am tomorrow. Not sure where they think all that precip is coming from...

Pretty iced over here in Hollywood.  Every surface appears to have a significant amount of ice except for pavement.  Not sure what the roads are like except for earlier this morning when sleet/rain started wife said 235 was a skating rink.  Roads were not pre-treated surprisingly.  Event has definitely exceeded expectations around here.

Do we have one last hurrah this week?

This system is quite interesting and kind of rare. It's essentially a cold front. It will all depend on the timing of the cold air. If it can get through here in time we could see a significant snowstorm. I like the GFS lately with predicting snows and it gives most of us at least 4 inches, not the 12z GFS, I think that's too snowy. I think the NAM is too far north and so is the GGEM. We will see how things pan out on the 00z runs. Hopefully nothing trends toward the NAM. 

This system is quite interesting and kind of rare. It's essentially a cold front. It will all depend on the timing of the cold air. If it can get through here in time we could see a significant snowstorm. I like the GFS lately with predicting snows and it gives most of us at least 4 inches, not the 12z GFS, I think that's too snowy. I think the NAM is too far north and so is the GGEM. We will see how things pan out on the 00z runs. Hopefully nothing trends toward the NAM. 

I hope the bury sees one more good snow but

3v2r28.jpg

Have to agree with others on here that I'm wary of a situation where we have to thread the needle and time cold air in early March- keep thinking about the 3/6/01 and 3/6/13 busts, although this is a completely different setup from either one of those. But I don't just dismiss stuff automatically like some do just because its March. It does snow in March: 2009, 2013 and 2014 had March as my snowiest months for those winters.

But I wouldn't bet on much at this point: