• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Southern MD / Lower Eastern Shore weather discussion

PrinceFrederickWx

Latest snowfall map from LWX has you and I in the 3-4" range and 4-6" is knocking on the door

Yeah that snow map is much higher than your advisory and my point and click (which only calls for an inch tonight and half-inch tomorrow).

Some other forecasts I've seen:

Accuweather: 1-3" for all of us

TWC: 3-5" St. Mary's and lower shore, 1-3" Calvert and Charles

Hoping for a 1/29/14 repeat!

The snow graphic, point and click, and actual advisory almost NEVER agree and that makes ZERO sense. I'm not sure what the NWS thinks I am getting.... 1"-3", 2"-5", or 2"-3" in Salisbury? All three are different. LOL.

Hopefully amounts will mesh a little more with the afternoon package.  Its a borderline WSW event for the southern end St. Mary's according to the latest snow map so it will be interesting to see what they do.

Just took notice that the lower half of Maryland Eastern Shore is now in a Winter Storm Warning for 3-6 inches of snow!!  Bring it on.

This is a very juicy system. Actually it may be more juicy than last weeks storm. I think ratios will be 10:1 and 12:1 with bigger flakes, more moisture, and not as dry as last storm when we saw such small flakes and fine snow that took forever to build up.

My gut is saying 4"-7" in Salisbury, 2"-4/3"-5 just north and west of there. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some 8"+ amounts somewhere from Salisbury south. Get ready everyone! 

Yes we are getting it good down here.  Haven't measured but i'd estimate around 3".  Base operating on 2 hr delay when they should be closed.

I'm working from home- looks like 2 or 3 inches to me so far but I can't tell. Will do an actual measurement when its over. Still snowing hard and sticking to everything including roads. This is really nice to see after last weekend's shutout!