• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Southern MD / Lower Eastern Shore weather discussion

PrinceFrederickWx

Are any of the models giving southern md/eastern shore any front end thump tomorrow?  Can't decipher from the main storm thread and haven't looked at any models...

Looking at the snow maps (which as we know, aren't very accurate) it looks like I'm right on the bubble. Not so good for you guys further down in St. Mary's and especially the lower shore. :(  I know how these north & west type deals work though so I'm not holding out hope for much at all, maybe a little front end thump of snow before a flip to rain.

If you can find mitchnick's and snowfan's responses to me in the main thread they showed me how to find the output for NHK (which probably represents you much better than me, but still the best I have to go off of).

Looking at the snow maps (which as we know, aren't very accurate) it looks like I'm right on the bubble. Not so good for you guys further down in St. Mary's and especially the lower shore. :(  I know how these north & west type deals work though so I'm not holding out hope for much at all, maybe a little front end thump of snow before a flip to rain.

If you can find mitchnick's and snowfan's responses to me in the main thread they showed me how to find the output for NHK (which probably represents you much better than me, but still the best I have to go off of).

Thanks.  Yes KNHK is less than 10 miles from me so that would be best for me.  But I have seen many times where the base is a few degrees warmer than me in Hollywood in scenarios like this.

Thanks.  Yes KNHK is less than 10 miles from me so that would be best for me.  But I have seen many times where the base is a few degrees warmer than me in Hollywood in scenarios like this.

Yeah I know what you mean... that's the problem with NHK, its not really a good representation of anyone in the region sometimes because its too close to the water and too far southeast. Wish they had a climo station in like Mechanicsville or something, that would work for a lot of us lol

Yeah I know what you mean... that's the problem with NHK, its not really a good representation of anyone in the region sometimes because its too close to the water and too far southeast. Wish they had a climo station in like Mechanicsville or something, that would work for a lot of us lol

NHK is a big problem in the spring as well when we have a SE wind.  Until the water warms up the temp on base can be significantly lower than even just off the base.  Similar situation to DCA when they get a south wind.

Its days like today that remind me why we need a separate thread for all of us. I knew we weren't getting much but I wasn't expecting a total shutout. Us doing good and the rest of the forum doing good are mutually exclusive, it seems. LWX should just pull the WWA's down here.

Yep couldn't agree more. We will get the good bands tonight when it's rain. But it has been a great week regardless.

Temp dropped from 33 to 31 since it started but it looks like some sleet and rain are trying to mix in. Its laying everywhere but roads. I've probably got about 0.25 inches. Just hoping I can squeeze out an inch. Like I said on the main thread earlier, I shouldn't be too mad, President's Day was good to us and I still have several inches on the ground- its been a pretty epic winter week IMBY regardless.