CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Thanksgiving Eve SECS/MECS Discussion II

gkrangers

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dynamic cooling now at 20 hours with the H7 low expanding overhead. The south wind at that level are cutoff from NYC westward and probably in NYC itself. The soundings will almost certainly reveal an isothermal paste job for EWR, MMU, and HPN. NYC and BDR probably taint for a while but the NAM has strong lift that can overcome that. Points east or Southeast of NYC are tainted.

Dynamic cooling now at 20 hours with the H7 low expanding overhead. The south wind at that level are cutoff from NYC westward and probably in NYC itself. The soundings will almost certainly reveal an isothermal paste job for EWR, MMU, and HPN. NYC and BDR probably taint for a while but the NAM has strong lift that can overcome that. Points east or Southeast of NYC are tainted.

Thanks for including BDR. Looks like the 18z models could have *potentially* overdone the warmth trend.

The warm layer is through Long Island by 18z..and straddling NYC...but not at 700mb...now it's at 925mb.

There are multiple warm layers and this is a really crappy thermal profile east of the city still. But this run is way better for anyone west of there.

That sounds allot more realistic . Not sure where the nam got the crack it was smoking before.

that area in nj has no issues on this run of the 00z nam...

its very close for the urban areas of north eastern nj and nyc

Yeah I think once you head into western essex/union/Bergen it's usually safer. Where I am just 13 miles due west of NYC, there's usually not a big difference. I'm expecting similar to their weather. A 25 minute drive west from here it's a different story

Archived