• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible NYC snow Wed Night or Thursday

Mitchel Volk

West of JFK and the GSP may fit warning criteria .  At  only 5 to 1  Minus 2  at 850`s  33- 34 BL with 32 DP on a NE wind may support warning snow

Maybe as far east as the Wantagh on Long Island .  

im assuming then based on the other guys post northern nassau and northwest suffolk should be able to as well with that track?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like allot of Long Island people are going to ask for their towels back.

It's still going to be a sloppy storm outside of areas under 800'.

What I think will be the big surprise is where ever the best banding and highest rates setup could eek out the hugest totals despite if it's on the coast.just going with the trend the last few years some place like colts neck in the Monmouth snow mountains could be a surprise winner

Still gonna need another shift east for me to be back in it. Im in probably the worst place topographically for snow and storms like these with BL issues it doesnt bode well for me. This could be a situation where 10 miles west they get 3-6" and i get nothing

West of JFK and the GSP may fit warning criteria .  At  only 5 to 1  Minus 2  at 850`s  33- 34 BL with 32 DP on a NE wind may support warning snow

Maybe as far east as the Wantagh on Long Island .  

not impossible but I think a line from Yonkers, NY to Bridgewater,NJ will be the dividing line for warning criteria 

Still gonna need another shift east for me to be back in it. Im in probably the worst place topographically for snow and storms like these with BL issues it doesnt bode well for me. This could be a situation where 10 miles west they get 3-6" and i get nothing

No offense but that's fine with me as I'm 10 miles west. Generally our weather is almost identical and I think that's the case here.

I think we are both good for a sloppy 3-6" on colder surfaces. I think the loser zone is 20 miles east of you in say west Hampton.

If wantagh does turn out to be the line it will be north of sunrise I'm sure!

I give you the Euro ensembles cluster and it`s liquid amounts you give me the NAM .

I give you Lou Gehrig and you give me Wally Pipp .

The NAM is not used in any of the AFD`s   . Stick to what works or you are going to drive yourself insane .

I give you the Euro ensembles cluster and it`s liquid amounts you give me the NAM .

I give you Lou Gehrig and you give me Wally Pipp .

The NAM is not used in any of the AFD`s   . Stick to what works or you are going to drive yourself insane .

We're now getting under 60 hours where the mesoscale models begin carrying more weight.

NOAA  Point and click at the park

Wednesday Rain before 10am, then rain and snow between 10am and noon, then snow after noon. Temperature falling to around 32 by 3pm. Wind chill values between 25 and 35. North wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Wednesday Night Snow, mainly before 11pm. Low around 32. Northwest wind 5 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Archived