Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter 2014-2015 Pattern Discussion Thread I

LithiaWx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know about you guys but I'm gonna quit forecasting (or even look) anything until the GFS gets back on its meds...tonight's 0z run made strong cyclogenesis a dime a dozen...

Anything and everything that had low pressure went well under 1000mb on the charts pre-truncation.

45kt LLJ by wed am across GA.   110kt at H5, 140kt at 300mb then all heads East Northeast into the Carolinas.  Some potential of the convection robbing us though.  Not as prevalent on the this run, but still VERY possible.

I would like to see winds little more southerly, but this mean we need more negative tilt. 

While last nights runs (outside of the 00z GFS) didn't look great in the LR one thing I'm liking is that yesterday every model had 850 anomalies seasonal in the east for the 6-10 day range (except the Euro) and then well below in the 10-15 day range. I don't buy the Euro wrapped up solution as it has it. I get all the energy floating around I just don't think it all phases to get a super bomb. I'm betting that southern piece doesn't link up with that northern jet....or the southern energy cuts and and phases with one piece of energy for a lakes storm....just don't think it all comes together to make a bomb for the OV. 

While last nights runs (outside of the 00z GFS) didn't look great in the LR one thing I'm liking is that yesterday every model had 850 anomalies seasonal in the east for the 6-10 day range (except the Euro) and then well below in the 10-15 day range. I don't buy the Euro wrapped up solution as it has it. I get all the energy floating around I just don't think it all phases to get a super bomb. I'm betting that southern piece doesn't link up with that northern jet....or the southern energy cuts and and phases with one piece of energy for a lakes storm....just don't think it all comes together to make a bomb for the OV. 

Triple phaser ftw!   :lol: 

Archived