• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
November Banter

jburns

It's going to be a mess today with them, everything tickled NW which takes DCA out of the game. Literally 25 miles is everything to DCA/LGA/PHL/BOS. They usually land on there feet, I am expecting a Thanksgiving miracle for them tomorrow. I would bet they get a mix to 2-3" of snow, which is probably a top 10 storm for Nov for them.

It kind of reminds me of Snowquester for them. The setup is different, but they're relying on falling temperatures during the day. At least it's not March.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew it was going to be warm today, but geez...Definitely one of the warmest birthdays I've experienced here in a while. (well the warmest in history on this date period. :lol: )

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA

0435 PM EST MON NOV 24 2014

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT ATLANTA...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 76 DEGREES WAS SET AT ATLANTA TODAY.

THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 75 SET IN 1900.

Maybe Larry can study record highs in ATL in a below normal Novembers with a Weak El Nino regime for winter clues?

So what happened to Tropical Tidbits? And, is there another free site to find the parallel GFS?

DDOS attack took it down.  Weatherbell has it for free, but it's been bad with this storm this week, really awful.  

Going to post this so I don't forget it...Euro is king, every other model sucks until it gets inside 72 hours and even then the Euro is king.  And, never bet against the NW trend inside 48 hours.

DDOS attack took it down. Weatherbell has it for free, but it's been bad with this storm this week, really awful.

Going to post this so I don't forget it...Euro is king, every other model sucks until it gets inside 72 hours and even then the Euro is king. And, never bet against the NW trend inside 48 hours.

Thanks man. And I agree. I'll check out weatherbell. I'm looking for 500mb charts.

They don't have 5h charts, neither does AmWx's site.  They might be somewhere but this model sure blew chunks for this storm.

Weird...why would you not have a 500 mb product?? Tropical Tidbits had them. I was looking at it more for its depiction of the LR pattern. The 10 day Euro looks quite a bit like the 0 hr Euro. Lol We're not going anywhere fast.

Weird...why would you not have a 500 mb product?? Tropical Tidbits had them. I was looking at it more for its depiction of the LR pattern. The 10 day Euro looks quite a bit like the 0 hr Euro. Lol We're not going anywhere fast.

First 2 weeks of Dec look bad, I just want some blocking to get going by the 20th.

She looks like a soaker per RNK!  Maybe a flake late tomorrow night? lol

.TONIGHT...RAIN...MAINLY AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS AROUND 40. LIGHT
AND VARIABLE WINDS...BECOMING NORTH AROUND 10 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT.
CHANCE OF RAIN NEAR 100 PERCENT.
.WEDNESDAY...RAIN. MUCH COOLER. NEAR STEADY TEMPERATURE AROUND
40. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE OF RAIN NEAR 100 PERCENT.
.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE
EVENING...THEN A CHANCE OF RAIN AND SNOW AFTER MIDNIGHT. SNOW
ACCUMULATION UP TO 1 INCH POSSIBLE. LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S.
LIGHT
AND VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 50 PERCENT.
.THANKSGIVING DAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. A CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS...
MAINLY IN THE MORNING. HIGHS IN THE MID 40S. WEST WINDS AROUND
10 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 40 PERCENT.

I like how the mention of snow shows up when the precip chances get cut in half! lol

Nice thing about this storm moving so far west is that it dryslots us :-)

Holy Cow, look at the 18Z GFS for 12/9-11! Yes, it is way out there and has very low credibility but that is by far the coldest run yet and perhaps it is at least a sign that the mild spell won't last very long as the ensemble means have suggested today and the Euro weeklies suggested yesterday.

Holy Cow, look at the 18Z GFS for 12/9-11! Yes, it is way out there and has very low credibility but that is by far the coldest run yet and perhaps it is at least a sign that the mild spell won't last very long as the ensemble means have suggested today and the Euro weeklies suggested yesterday.

Well it is the 18Z and who knows what it has ingested or digested or regurgitated, but any sign of winter going into winter is a sigh of relief.

Let's see what 00Z and 06Z have to say ....

This being "banter thread" - are we exempt from "Storm Mode"?

Well it is the 18Z and who knows what it has ingested or digested or regurgitated, but any sign of winter going into winter is a sigh of relief.

Let's see what 00Z and 06Z have to say ....

This being "banter thread" - are we exempt from "Storm Mode"?

pc,

I'm doing my best to prevent severe depression for some of the members who are prone to that during mild "winter" interludes. As long as they can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I figured that they'd be ok. Meanwhile, Tony's drunk moles still refuse to show up here!! smh I'm really getting worried about them. :(

pc,

I'm doing my best to prevent severe depression for some of the members who are prone to that during mild "winter" interludes. As long as they can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I figured that they'd be ok. Meanwhile, Tony's drunk moles still refuse to show up here!! smh I'm really getting worried about them. :(

Huh?

Archived