Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK/AR/KS/MO Winter 2014-15 Discussion

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing happening in downtown OKC.  Had a bit of light freezing rain earlier that only froze on cars and bushes.  At least for the short term, the radar appears clear with nothing happening at all to the south and west of the City.  If something doesn't pop up very soon, this is looking like a monumental bust here.      

what the heck is the HRRR seeing?  The actual radar looks exactly the opposite.  HRRR showed the heavier snow developing and staying south of OKC metro.  In reality, a band of moderate (maybe heavy?) snow has been maintaining itself and continues to dump snow well to the north and west of OKC, while what little that is happening south of the City appears to be drying up (and, of course, the immediate metro has been basically dry throughout).  The HRRR probably shows nothing more than a dusting for Clinton, Enid and Ponca City, while, in reality, I am sure all three have gotten a couple of inches already and there is probably at least that much more upstream of them.    

The weather man here in Tulsa just came on and said that OKC and Tulsa and that dry slot is what will be. Enid to Bartlesville to SE KS will get the snow! NO WORDS!!

Finally, an honest weatherman!  In OKC, the continue to smile at the camera and insist that the "snow is coming" when all radar and model trends clearly show that it is NOT coming.  LOL.  

Just sleeting here but snowing 20 miles north, unreal lol. I am so sick of seeing sleet I hope this changes over soon!!!!

It will for you soon. I hope you folks to the east of me enjoy this evening and tonight. I think I'm too far north and west on this one unless all the empty space on radar magically fills in. Getting light snow right now though.

It will for you soon. I hope you folks to the east of me enjoy this evening and tonight. I think I'm too far north and west on this one unless all the empty space on radar magically fills in. Getting light snow right now though.

Amazing what a little bit of distance can do in a storm huh! Well hopefully you get something at least, still sleeting pretty good here. Sounds like someone shooting my windows with a bb gun lol

Amazing what a little bit of distance can do in a storm huh! Well hopefully you get something at least, still sleeting pretty good here. Sounds like someone shooting my windows with a bb gun lol

I live about 13 miles south of where I'm at now and I think (hope) it's just hammering away down there. It's looked good on radar but there's a really tight temp gradient around here right now.

NWS is sticking to their guns.  OUN just posted an updated graphic (time stamped 1:02 pm) that continues to call for 2" to 3" for the OKC metro and even upped it to 3+" for Norman, Moore, and the southern half of town.  I am not seeing it, but I will keep on hoping.     

I see what's happening now. I think the main low is getting ready to start pulling snow up over everybody. This is about to get awesome. The radar holes are filling in quickly.

Good I hope we all get in on this! Its back to snow here again, temp still falling.....down to 26 now according to NWS. Darn weather station is broke of all times it quit on me haha

It's so odd how OKC/Tulsa seem to have been in a hollow tube all day. Hopefully it fills in soon and you guys can get something out of it.

Yea, and it's about to get worse. KJRH here in Tulsa just said their latest precision model gives Tulsa .2! Oye...explain that one to the public!

It's so odd how OKC/Tulsa seem to have been in a hollow tube all day. Hopefully it fills in soon and you guys can get something out of it.

We are just about officially screwed, but the local mets are insistent about going down with the ship. One very well known local met just tweeted in the past few minutes that parents should plan on school being closed tomorrow due to the heavy snow still incoming. I don't know where they find glasses that rose-colored... or that see things on radar that simply aren't there.

EDIT: NWS just posted a new AFD that states both that their forecast remains 1" to 3" for the metro and that most the metro will see less than 2", which I guess is a tortured way to start reducing expectations.

We are just about officially screwed, but the local mets are insistent about going down with the ship. One very well known local met just tweeted in the past few minutes that parents should plan on school being closed tomorrow due to the heavy snow still incoming. I don't know where they find glasses that rose-colored... or that see things on radar that simply aren't there.

Ya know I say this all the time also to people I know, how hard is it for them to view a radar and see what the heck is happening lol! You cant rely on models alone all the time

Archived