Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
OK/AR/KS/MO Winter 2014-15 Discussion

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so tired of this snow. I used to love snow, but that was until I started a job at the airport. One of my many jobs doing deicing on planes. It's not fun in this weather. Bring spring back.

Don't rush winter! Never too early to change careers. Haha. Just kidding. I'd much rather it snow at 29 degrees than 19 degrees. I work in the weather every day too so I totally understand. Today was just plain cold.

Just eyeballing it, it looks like we've got an inch of fresh stuff on the ground here on the north side of OKC.  Temps are hovering around 19 F and the radar suddenly looks quite juicy to our south and west!  ...and the stuff heading our way looks like it wants to roll right up I-44 to Tulsa and Joplin and beyond.  

We've been getting moderate snow here on the north side of OKC for close to an hour now. It looks like there is about an inch of fresh snow on the ground. It looks glorious out there!!

EDIT: looking at the radar, we may still have another hour or so of this (and maybe more than that if the back building my weenie eyes are seeing is actually real). Folks in Tulsa and Joplin, get ready. You are going to enjoy this!!

Its coming down pretty good here, Im really shocked this hasnt been switched over to a warning by now after the advisory expired last night but eh its tulsa and doesnt shock me much. Says 1-3" total but hell theres already 4" on the ground here now just about. Never did stop snowing either last night. It's so awesome guys I hope every single one of us cashes in today and tonight!!! :)

Springfield says if they can figure out where the mesoscale bands will be, those areas may see an upgrade to a winter storm warning, with up to 7" localized snow. 

You think this has potential to bust high? The temp is going up here but I think that was predicted, supposedly over to rain by tomorrow morning. From now til then though 1-3", Im already over that! For this area anyhow. The forecast is so confusing and all over the place all the way into wednesday lol

Getting to see my first really moderate to heavy snow of the year now. I'm loving it.

Its awesome isn't it :) . North of highway 412 here(about 6 miles from me) is in a winter storm warning now lol. We are closing in on 5" here now, well in my backyard anyhow. Temp is up to just shy of 28 though....yikes.

Ok well I read tulsa upgraded some areas to a warning but dont see it, maybe hasnt updated yet who knows

It's a nice way to cap off meteorological winter. A winter that was not very good until the very end. My area up here will probably end up with near normal snowfall after today, assuming there's no really late season surprises.

Thunderstorms aren't looking as likely on Tues. 

It's a nice way to cap off meteorological winter. A winter that was not very good until the very end. My area up here will probably end up with near normal snowfall after today, assuming there's no really late season surprises.

Thunderstorms aren't looking as likely on Tues. 

Yea after what fell today through tonight we will be at our average or just a lil bit over....I think its 9.0" here. Stuff looks like its trying to start a mix here or soon will.

Archived