• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
OK/AR/KS/MO Winter 2014-15 Discussion

00z Euro is a bit farther south. Looks like a 1-3" snowfall is possible (although I worry about a faster changeover) for SW MO, SE KS, and NE OK. 

Probably get some thunderstorms on Tues night this run as a fast moving Arctic front quickly crashes through the area.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

March is looking pretty chilly with that ridge sitting up near Alaska on the weeklies.

All indications from what I have seen say that we had probably better get used to that ridge being out there or on the CA coast for quite awhile. Shows no signs of going anywhere anytime soon.

It is painful watching that radar dry up to our west.  It still looks like there is one "band" of slightly heavier stuff that will clip the OKC metro, but, by the looks of it, it appears that today's "storm" will consist of an hour or two of light snow here.  Mood flakes are good, but I would love to see something more.  I hate wasting cold air like this... especially with the clock now ticking down on this winter season.      

EDIT:  OUN did just extend the Advisories a couple of counties north and eastward.  OKC is now under an advisory for 1" to 2", so I got that goin' for me... which is nice.  

Light snow has begun here in downtown OKC.  Ground is already starting to whiten but streets are just wet in spite of the low temps, presumably due to the sun angle.  

EDIT:  By the way, it is sounding like complete Armageddon for our brothers to the south in DFW:  Heavy accumulating snow that started AFTER everybody got to work and school.  I am torn between my desire to see the same kind of weather here... and my desire to actually get home at some point this evening.  

The radar still looks good if we can get the atmosphere to saturate. The advisories seem to keep inching their way eastward.

Sadly, we evaporated a LOT of snow before we actually had flakes hit the ground.  I am also pretty darned shocked that, even at 19 F, we can't get snow to accumulate on streets!  I would guess when the sun gets lower in the sky (especially if there is still anything falling from the sky), the roads will get icy, but right now, they are still just wet.  

12z Euro nudged south again so 1-3" in general still looks good for this area and for NW AR now as well.  Thunderstorms still look possible on Tues evening/night, however, there's going to be a heck of an Arctic front slamming in as well.

It's entirely possible that the front outruns the moisture left behind and in that case, it would appear that snow would be possible on the NW fringes of the system on Wed. The most likely area for this to occur at this time is across SE OK into Arkansas and S-central and SE MO.

What are the thoughts on ice accumulations with this JoMo  or are we too far out for to see that , just curious to see if this is a major ice maker for the Joplin and surrounding area  producer like a power outage situation ?? Thanks all

Amounts are pretty light so it won't be a major ice problem. Temps *should* rise above freezing on Sunday. Even then, amounts are light.

I think the interesting weather will come on Tues/Wed and how fast the Arctic front moves through and if there's any moisture behind the front that could changeover. But right now, that looks to happen to the east of you and me.

The usual lil mini donut hole, dry slots keep forming right over this area lol. Just flurries here for the most part but the roads are covered and just solid ice on these subdivision roads that the stupid city refuses to ever touch. Got enough to lightly dust the grass also lol, bleh. Just seems like the never ending winter of being missed right here in fayetteville.

Local weather guy isnt buying the warmer solutions on the models tomorrow and believes we stay in the mid to upper 20's and it snows all day and most of the night before turning over to rain on sunday. Hmmmmm, the saga continues haha

My parents live about a half-hour north of me in extreme southern Washington county. They are measuring 5-6 inches all over the yard. They sent pics that back this up. That band that set up just north of Tulsa put them in the jackpot zone all afternoon. My dad said that just a couple miles south of them received only around 2". That's what I love about snow events. Such interesting things can happen.

Thats crazy how much some of you have gotten so close to me here, thats just how its been all season though. Right in fayetteville here we have been caught in between systems as they go by. Go 4 miles north of me into springdale and they have gotten way more today, just unreal!

Tell me about it. I drove south and way more snow just 10-20 miles away. I have about inch maybe.

Tell me about it. I drove south and way more snow just 10-20 miles away. I have about inch maybe.

Looks like me, you and there was someone else just west of me are getting the screw you zones this season haha. Its still flurrying here but they are giant sized flurries like what you had mentioned there earlier.

JoMo what did it do up your way?

Yesterday, I made a comment about how this storm feels like what I used to experience back in New Jersey. Who knew how prophetic I would be. It appears... and I will totally defer to the experts to confirm... that a band of warm air advection snows have formed, starting near the Red River and heading north. We might just get a surprise inch or two before midnight tonight from it in addition to whatever happens in the pre-dawn hours tomorrow from the main storm.

Yesterday, I made a comment about how this storm feels like what I used to experience back in New Jersey. Who knew how prophetic I would be. It appears... and I will totally defer to the experts to confirm... that a band of warm air advection snows have formed, starting near the Red River and heading north. We might just get a surprise inch or two before midnight tonight from it in addition to whatever happens in the pre-dawn hours tomorrow from the main storm.

Yea man, the storms me and you experienced usually arent the same type of beasts that occur out here. Usually in south jersey the immediate coast lines would either get hit the hardest or totally get screwed lol. Usually the rain/snow line where I lived use to be about 40 miles give or take. Millville(my hometown in jersey) was usually right on that border it seemed there. Of course you go 30 miles north to deptford nj and it would be all snow. Regardless though I miss those noreasters, these guys/gals on the forum would go bonkers with snows that dumped from them back in the late 80's(still happens occasionally)

Archived