Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
OK/AR/KS/MO Winter 2014-15 Discussion

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a Winter Storm Warning upgrade is coming for parts of OK currently under the Advisory.

Yeah looks like it will be necessary for at least everyone north of I-40. Temperature are starting to fall back off now also so I'm not as worried as I was earlier. Looking at a RH and dew point map from the mesonet, I don't think this storm will have a problem getting moisture once it gets going. May be a good justification for the amounts increasing in Oklahoma as I think the original expectation was for it to be moisture starved until it git into Arkansas.

New Winter Storm Warnings have been sent out for the TSA counties which were upgraded. Looks like 3-6" of snow and sleet.... with a note that if the predominate precip type is sleet, then snowfall amounts will be lower.

Springfield AFD is out, didn't say a whole lot compared to what we already know, did mention some convective elements with instability and some areas may see 2+" per hour rates. 

And updated Winter Storm Warning is out for Springfield's CWA.  Mention of a widespread 6-8" with locally higher amounts of 10-12" in localized bands especially in southern Missouri. Snowfall rates in excess of 2 inches per hours in these bands. 

Should I be concerned with the temps? Its been in the 40's here all day and still is. Tulsa is confusing me with the updates, now im on the border between 5-7 and 3-5" of snow/sleet. Its already started to drizzle here. Not sure why they bumped snow totals up? Are the models showing it going a little bit south again, so confusing.

Should I be concerned with the temps? Its been in the 40's here all day and still is. Tulsa is confusing me with the updates, now im on the border between 5-7 and 3-5" of snow/sleet. Its already started to drizzle here. Not sure why they bumped snow totals up? Are the models showing it going a little bit south again, so confusing.

Nah, they'll wetbulb down eventually. We may get some 'bonus' precip if things moisten up quicker than expected though. Already seeing some drizzle/freezing drizzle here. 

Nah, they'll wetbulb down eventually. We may get some 'bonus' precip if things moisten up quicker than expected though. Already seeing some drizzle/freezing drizzle here. 

Yea figured that, is drizzly here off and on also. Im still not feeling it for this area, dont wanna be too negative though cause I think some people are gonna get nailed by this pretty good. I think your area right down to the extreme border and right along it look good, just my opinion of course.

Yea figured that, is drizzly here off and on also. Im still not feeling it for this area, dont wanna be too negative though cause I think some people are gonna get nailed by this pretty good. I think your area right down to the extreme border and right along it look good, just my opinion of course.

I hope you're wrong about us getting missed down here!

I hope you're wrong about us getting missed down here!

I dont know we may get an inch or two at best by what I see,read and hear. Who knows for certain though, hell it looks like just north starting in rogers is where that heavier snow starts and goes right up to where jomo is. Little rock looks to get crushed by freezing rain. I just dont have a good feeling about it for here, I been really watching and reading everything regarding this storm.

I guess the bottom half of my county is already pretty close to freezing and have had some people tell me they've saw some light sleet but I'm still sitting at 36 degrees.

Yea im sitting at 38 here still according to my back yard weather station. What county you in if you dont mind me asking? I cant remember where half of everyone said they were from lol sorry

Archived