• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
OK/AR/KS/MO Winter 2014-15 Discussion

Well, I finally got to see some incredibly fine and very light snow. May see one more quick burst of snow sleet mix before this is over. I'm disappointed but oh well I guess. I know there won't be many years that are as bad as this one so at least we're getting it out of the way. Haha.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I finally got to see some incredibly fine and very light snow. May see one more quick burst of snow sleet mix before this is over. I'm disappointed but oh well I guess. I know there won't be many years that are as bad as this one so at least we're getting it out of the way. Haha.

Yep Im just now getting that band you just referred to lol. Nice to see isnt it haha. I dont think its going to end just yet for us, its filled in fairly well if it can hold itself together now for the next few hours.

Yep Im just now getting that band you just referred to lol. Nice to see isnt it haha. I dont think its going to end just yet for us, its filled in fairly well if it can hold itself together now for the next few hours.

It's still a mix unfortunately. It started off so quietly and snowy and then turned to sleet again. Should be a little more headed your way though. I'll try them out first and send them your way. Haha.

It's still a mix unfortunately. It started off so quietly and snowy and then turned to sleet again. Should be a little more headed your way though. I'll try them out first and send them your way. Haha.

Send whatever you want lol, I'll take whatever it is at this point. Mine too just switched right back to moderate sleet again

It seems like all of us got way way less than what was forecasted and predicted with this. I'll be curious to see when its over if anyone reports anything close to the snowfall totals they were supposed to get. I dont even think in fayetteville here we will hit even a half inch of snow, such a sad sad winter and I hope to never see another like this!!! Im not even sure this storm was warning criteria, advisory yes. Sleet cut all our totals next to nothing, sux!

Goodnight everyone, hopefully something can happen before this winter is done :)

Ok  I was glad to get my slice of winter pie. Now onto spring I wanna get some exercise and mow lawns, how has everyone done on snow  and sleet , seems like the warm nose stuck around longer than I thought and got more than just a glaze here on the Northeast side of Joplin . Enough to make some branches sag and fall and bust by backside this morning on the way to the garage

hahah

Probably around 5-6" here, that last band was pretty intense. 

How much sleet did you get there? Congrats on the snow, it finally changed over to all moderate snow here early this morning but didnt last that long. Dropped down a quick inch of snow on top probly 1/4" of sleet or so. Got spared here again for the most part, little mini dry slots kept forming all night it sucked lol....I guess thats what they were.

How much sleet did you get there? Congrats on the snow, it finally changed over to all moderate snow here early this morning but didnt last that long. Dropped down a quick inch of snow on top probly 1/4" of sleet or so. Got spared here again for the most part, little mini dry slots kept forming all night it sucked lol....I guess thats what they were.

Too much, lol. Not sure. Probably lost a couple of inches of snow due to it staying sleet. The only thing that saved me was being in the far northern portion of that organized band of snow. Snow totals just north of here were a lot less.

That was fun even though it wasn't the jackpot we all wanted! I'm just glad we didn't get shutout for the winter.

Now, let's start tracking the next one. Spoken like a true addict!!!

They tried to make me go to weather rehab, but I said no, no, no!

They tried to make me go to weather rehab, but I said gotta track the snow!

I ain't got the time, because the GFS and EURO runs are fine. 

They tried to make me go to weather rehab, but I said no, no, no!

Ended up with around 5" or so although just north of here, they got 3". The sleet and freezing rain below it aren't slick and melts off quickly when exposed to that Feb sun.

Not sure about the next storm, looks like one will miss us to the east and the one after that may miss us to the north. 

Ended up with around 5" or so although just north of here, they got 3". The sleet and freezing rain below it aren't slick and melts off quickly when exposed to that Feb sun.

Not sure about the next storm, looks like one will miss us to the east and the one after that may miss us to the north. 

Yep even though its pretty cold out there that blazing fireball just wants to still immediately melt stuff. The roads are just slushy here and have not been touched anywhere for the most part, road conditions are horrible all the time in this city after a storm.

So right now it appears we get missed, story of our lives this winter right haha. At least we all got a bit of something last night though :)

Yep even though its pretty cold out there that blazing fireball just wants to still immediately melt stuff. The roads are just slushy here and have not been touched anywhere for the most part, road conditions are horrible all the time in this city after a storm.

So right now it appears we get missed, story of our lives this winter right haha. At least we all got a bit of something last night though :)

Yep, melts off pretty fast.

There's a large disparity between the models and even in the ensembles right now of the next system(s). There's one that will more than likely pass to our east over the KY/TN area, maybe SE MO and NE AR. There's another one that may pass anywhere from our north, to our south, to it being too warm to do anything frozen to it giving us something frozen. I mean there's a lot different Euro ensemble solutions for the next 10 days.

I saw that too. Looks like a heavier burst through SE KS, SW MO, and NW AR. Maybe an inch or two. Let's see what the GFS shows shortly.

Yep, it's not a very big area, so luck will play an important part. I'm more interested to see what the GFS shows for the weekend. 

Archived