joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane/Tropical Season 2014

NEG NAO

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z euro looks very rainy through hour 96 and it looks like the system is further west as well.

Ahhh , 10 MB weaker than 0z , the Thunderstorm parade will come with the front with a Southerly flow ahead of it   

But the placement of the center looks about in the same spot . 

National Hurricane center just upped the chances of Invest 91L developing into a tropical cyclone within the next 48 hours. There's now an 80% chance for it developing within 48 hours and 5 days. It will be nothing short of interesting to see how this interacts with the cold front that will come our way on Thursday into Friday.

Oh really? Becasue this is precip through 2AM Thursday. I guess the 1" in NE NJ doesn't count.

attachicon.gifgfs_tprecip_nyc_23.png

"No..a couple hundredths at best until well west of the GSP " ,

Outside of the immediate shore of Ocean County , what did he say that was even a little wrong ?

You have to relax , you jump on the guy even when his post matched ur map .

Actually they aren't. The conversation is about sensible weather on Wednesday and whether or not it's a washout. I guess it's subjective.

Some thunderstorms isn't a washout. If the inch of rain falls in an hour under the thunderstorm and the rest of the day is rain-free, that's not a washout. The washout hits Thursday night and Friday with the training along the stalled front.

I always thought this back and forth stuff only applied in winter. We could use some rain as long as it's not excessive. Since things are usually convective anything more widespread is helpful.

It should be mighty hot the next couple days, nothing earth shattering but still very uncomfortable.

Archived