• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2014 Observations

Crapper Jim

Wedge boundary looks like it's finally making some progress back north.  Temp up to 67 around Fayetteville, with a DP at 62 and winds out of the east at 5 mph.  Goldsboro is 66/64 with an East wind around 5 mph.  Albemarle is 59/58 with an East wind at 8 mph.  RDU still locked in at 56/53, with an East wind at 8.

An hour ago, there were more north and ne wind directions.

At noon it continues to push north. RDU is still wedged in but not for too much longer:

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've received a good 1.25" or so of rainfall based on radar reports here in this part of Savannah over just the last 45 minutes or so! The lawn is very happy. It is still raining albeit only lightly to moderately at the moment. Lots of rumbling thunder. A nice spring morning. :)

I've received a good 1.25" or so of rainfall based on radar reports here in this part of Savannah over just the last 45 minutes or so! The lawn is very happy. It is still raining albeit only lightly to moderately at the moment. Lots of rumbling thunder. A nice spring morning. :)

What a morning in Savannah! More thunderstorms are about to hit after already getting ~1.25-1.5" earlier..this time from a line coming in from the west. This one looks quite robust! (though should be short in duration)

What a morning in Savannah! More thunderstorms are about to hit after already getting ~1.25-1.5" earlier..this time from a line coming in from the west. This one looks quite robust! (though should be short in duration)

That second event was a nice event and it lasted a bit longer than I had anticipated. I roughly estimate 1.75" between the two events so far today fell here in SAV. :)

That second event was a nice event and it lasted a bit longer than I had anticipated. I roughly estimate 1.75" between the two events so far today fell here in SAV. :)

Absolutely my favorite kind of spring outbreak...non existent anywhere near me!!!  I love me some juice robbing convection south west of me :thumbsup: I've had 1/2 inch of rain for the whole event.  Heard thunder way off in the distance the last two early mornings.  Got some big gusts this morning early, maybe 50/60 mph.  Enough to blow some twigs and shred some leaves and coat the grounds.  And the better best part is it's cloudy and nice and cool, so I can enjoy the outdoors.  Suit me if it never got out of the 60's again until next spring, lol.  Tony

Absolutely my favorite kind of spring outbreak...non existent anywhere near me!!!  I love me some juice robbing convection south west of me :thumbsup: I've had 1/2 inch of rain for the whole event.  Heard thunder way off in the distance the last two early mornings.  Got some big gusts this morning early, maybe 50/60 mph.  Enough to blow some twigs and shred some leaves and coat the grounds.  And the better best part is it's cloudy and nice and cool, so I can enjoy the outdoors.  Suit me if it never got out of the 60's again until next spring, lol.  Tony

Amen, to that!  I've finally broken the 70 F mark IMBY, the first time since Sunday.  I've enjoyed the cool weather.  Too bad I didn't get the intense rainfall to go with it.  Epic storm total rainfall of right at 0.15 inch for MBY.

It's that flying squirrel :)  They are not near as good at rain as the moles are, lol.  I've had a bundle of rain since late March.  It waited until all the rest of you got plenty, before it started here, but now 2....21/2 inches isn't unusual...so I've been getting plenty.  It's the heat I can do without...been getting too much of that lately, so today was very pleasant.  Got good zephyrs too.  T

Archived