gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Tropical Disco 2014 SNE

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would still wait to see how it makes a right turn. I still think a track near the BM is probably most likely or even a tick outside. There is a chance it may turn more NE or NNE briefly as it tries to get captured and make it's closest pass to ACK right to the east of it instead of south or southeast of it.

This is an awesome storm for early July.  We're pretty lucky it's skipping east....I'm kind of amazed we're seeing something make a run at us this early.

Exactly.... Very rare this time of the year, and this hurricane has definitely overperformed for a change.

But yet.. people on here basically laughed at me 4 days ago when I brought it up.

I would still wait to see how it makes a right turn. I still think a track near the BM is probably most likely or even a tick outside. There is a chance it may turn more NE or NNE briefly as it tries to get captured and make it's closest pass to ACK right to the east of it instead of south or southeast of it.

To be fair, he never specified the Northeast. Arthur was being modeled to miss land completely.

yesterday? Uh no. Look at the 11 pm advisory tonight, pretty much exactly what was expected up here, there was no ridge pumping, Arthur will be flying south

That's what I was asking wrt the ridge pumping claim, the storm was absolutely NOT modeled to make landfall at Moreshead yesterday.

It meandered a lot too. TCs are fickle, just a small change in the angle of approach means a landfall at ILM or HSE. Not easy with an a SW-NE angled coastline. I never really focused on the southeast, but I don't know that ridge pumping was involved this early.

That's fine, then the answer is no, Forky was full of it. Perfectly acceptable answer, I just didn't know it on my own. I give people the benefit of the doubt, even if they troll sometimes.

well he is certainly not full of it, we bust his chops but his premise is not without validity

That's fine, then the answer is no, Forky was full of it. Perfectly acceptable answer, I just didn't know it on my own. I give people the benefit of the doubt, even if they troll sometimes.

I never said that. I was referring to what's going on now. If this thing comes near ACK then you have a case. It also depends on forward speed and this sped up a bit today too.

I never said that. I was referring to what's going on now. If this thing comes near ACK then you have a case. It also depends on forward speed and this sped up a bit today too.

I just don't recall him saying "New England" when he said he thought it would come west. It certainly came west in landfall location. Is it because of pumping the ridge?

Sometimes I post sarcatically or with humor intended, but sometimes you interpret my posts as confrontational when really I am just naive. This situation would be the latter.

5 am advisory brings the center halfway between 40/70 and ACK. getting close to nowcast time wrt to the rainfall. Three main bands at the moment, the frontal band from NW of DC-Central NH, outer shield of Arthur from Williamsburg, VA-ACY (which is trying to extend up to E LI, and the core of Arthur.

Looking at WRF the frontal stuff will stay to NW. The outer shield stuff looks to get SE CT/RI/E Mass. no one gets the core other than ACK/maybe outer Cape.

Archived