Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh/ Western PA Part III

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I don't think anyone is taking these verbatim. Basic gist is that there is the potential for multiple storm threats starting early next week. That doesn't mean we get hit by one as we all know to well, but something to keep an eye on.

Jumping ahead to the weekend.

My take is that the GGEM has us in the bullseye for the big storm :ee:  and the NAM and GFS has the storm suppressed to the South. I see the GFS and NAM coming North and putting us in the game. :violin:

What I fear is the northern trend will continue which will put us in the warm tongue and we get rain while North and East will get snow.  :axe: I hope I am wrong. Maybe one last storm or two to watch though. 

NWS looked like they really lowered their totals for tonight, still has me 1-2, but I don't know if I will even see an inch. The only thing that has snow on it right now, is my jeep window.

Wind is really howling though.

Yes no shovel or maybe even no salt for my driveway. 

Now I can save it for next storm or next Winter.

I think this storm has been an under performer and a major disappointment. I only received a dusting of snow. Yesterday they were calling for 1-3 and 2-4 in spots. The temps were supposed to plummet which they did this afternoon but original forecasts had temps falling into the low teens this evening and lower single digits overnight. I am currently still sitting at 22 degrees. Other than some strong winds earlier this was nothing more than a gusty cold front. 

I think this storm has been an under performer and a major disappointment. I only received a dusting of snow. Yesterday they were calling for 1-3 and 2-4 in spots. The temps were supposed to plummet which they did this afternoon but original forecasts had temps falling into the low teens this evening and lower single digits overnight. I am currently still sitting at 22 degrees. Other than some strong winds earlier this was nothing more than a gusty cold front.

I haven't had a chance to look but I wonder if it was an under performer everywhere. Seems like from the upstate thread some people busted low in places.

I got nothing in terms of snow. Typical March with more radiation it just had a harder time to stick.

Sun-Mon storm looks south to me. Mid-week system looks opposite then today, maybe snow to rain. Maybe we hang on to snow longer, but with seasons changing I won't hold my breathe.

Friday looks incredible for going outside. Sun and very quick warmup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, this storm unfortunatly followed suite with most other storms this year.

The dominant northern energy moved more east than south, not allowing the cold air a chance to catch up with the moisture.

At least we weren't fringed this time. Lol

Euro reality-checked that run big time. Consensus is yet another miss.

Yeah, reading the Euro lost both storms for next week. Crushes the first wave storm, then relaxes enough to let the next cut.  If the threats for next week fall apart even I'll have to admit defeat and throw in the towel. :cry: Today should give some idea if the trend is towards the GFS or if it was just a blip.

Yeah, reading the Euro lost both storms for next week. Crushes the first wave storm, then relaxes enough to let the next cut.  If the threats for next week fall apart even I'll have to admit defeat and throw in the towel. :cry: Today should give some idea if the trend is towards the GFS or if it was just a blip.

Late in the season, I actually think the NAM and CMC hav been the best models to sniff out trends early especially for the last 2 storms.  I wouldn't get all wrapped up in worrying that the EURO and/or GFS doesn't show anything.  I think the CMC has also done a good job all winter of sniffing out different solutions from the EURO and GFS and having them verify.

The only problem I see with next week is even the ensembles want to get rid of the storm. So right now, the CMC is almost all alone.

I'm paying attention to the NAM even though it is supposedly out of its best range. This was from the 6Z run

Attached thumbnail(s)

img-resized.png Reduced 20%
post-26392-1394719849_thumb.jpg
800 x 600 (181.28K)

Why do I have a feeling that even though its March that HP up north is gonna keep this down to the south of us?

Probably because we've seen it happen at least half a dozen times already this year. Verbatim its another fringe job, but we will see how this plays out. If more of the energy comes out with the initial wave we will see a better storm.

I don't think anyone really has any grasp on what might happen here.

Probably because we've seen it happen at least half a dozen times already this year. Verbatim its another fringe job, but we will see how this plays out. If more of the energy comes out with the initial wave we will see a better storm.

I am glad to see the GFS trended toward the GGEM. The GGEM moved a tad south but now we are on the Northern fringe again. Where have we seen this before? (just about every storm lately)

I am like you. I do not care about snow cover.

I was around for March of 1993. Who wouldn't take a 23 inch snowfall with thundersnow and then have temps in the 60's a week or so later. I say bring it on. 

All we have to do it beat our season high storm of 5.2.

I think given this winters trends, suppression is most likely with this storm. You have seen the models hint at that for this storm, GFS and EURO and change course. I think when this all finally plays out we see at best a fringed event.

Archived