• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh/ Western PA Part III

Looks similar to the Euro, I'd toss the NAM for now but who knows lol.

Seriously who cares? Best we get will be a few inches and Friday is suppose to be in the 50's so it's not sticking around long. I think Wednesday it could be tough to stick on pavement anyways. Ground Temps got to be warmer now too.

I'm a huge snow lover as I'm a snow boarder and my family skis, but after the cold we had Friday and Today has gotten me into wanting warmer weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously who cares? Best we get will be a few inches and Friday is suppose to be in the 50's so it's not sticking around long. I think Wednesday it could be tough to stick on pavement anyways. Ground Temps got to be warmer now too.

I'm a huge snow lover as I'm a snow boarder and my family skis, but after the cold we had Friday and Today has gotten me into wanting warmer weather.

Sent from my iPhone

lol, well I guess at least I do. Warmth feels nice, but there is a storm to talk about still, and signals of another one next week. Once winter lets go of its grip and we hit sunny and 70s for days on end I'll stop posting about these things. Spring is my least favorite season, rather just go from winter to summer, and at that if we could stay 75 or lower all summer I'd be even happier.

lol, well I guess at least I do. Warmth feels nice, but there is a storm to talk about still, and signals of another one next week. Once winter lets go of its grip and we hit sunny and 70s for days on end I'll stop posting about these things. Spring is my least favorite season, rather just go from winter to summer, and at that if we could stay 75 or lower all summer I'd be even happier.

Didn't mean to be a jerk lol

50 degree 36 hours later, 2 inches of snow really does nothing for me. I seriously would rather have all rain to get the salt off the sidewalk.

I guess each is there own, but after basically being stuck inside all winter with all the cold temps we have had, I am ready to be outside. Ill be honest, I hate Summer. I guess a little is ok, but 95+ is as bad as sub zero. I rather have 6 months of 50-60 weather, 2 months of warm, and 4 months of pure snow.

8HaZ9b1.gif

SPC AC 111710   DAY 2 CONVECTIVE OUTLOOK     NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK   1210 PM CDT TUE MAR 11 2014   VALID 121200Z - 131200Z   ...THERE IS A SLGT RISK OF SVR TSTMS FOR PORTIONS OF THE MIDDLE   ATLANTIC...   ...SYNOPSIS...   WATER VAPOR LOOPS IMPLY A MID-LEVEL DISTURBANCE CURRENTLY EMERGING   OVER THE CNTRL PLAINS...AND THIS FEATURE IS FORECAST TO SHIFT EWD   AND REACH THE MID MS VALLEY BY THE BEGINNING OF D2/WED. AS IT DOES   SO...IT WILL PHASE WITH A NRN-STREAM SHORTWAVE IMPULSE DIGGING SSEWD   FROM ONTARIO AND MANITOBA. THE RESULTING PERTURBATION WILL BE A   POTENT...HIGH-AMPLITUDE SHORTWAVE TROUGH THAT WILL ADVANCE EWD   ACROSS THE ERN UNITED STATES. HIGH-MAGNITUDE...LARGE-SCALE UPWARD   MOTION PRECEDING THIS TROUGH WILL BE AUGMENTED BY STRONG UPPER   DIVERGENCE ATTENDANT TO A COUPLED UPPER JET STRUCTURE AND   INTENSIFYING LLJ OVER THE MID ATLANTIC AND NORTHEAST. THIS WILL   SUPPORT THE ENEWD/NEWD DEVELOPMENT AND INTENSIFICATION OF A FRONTAL   CYCLONE FROM THE UPPER OHIO VALLEY TO THE ATLANTIC WATERS OFF THE   SRN NEW ENGLAND COAST. A STRONG COLD FRONT TRAILING SSW OF THE   CYCLONE WILL SWEEP EWD ACROSS THE SERN STATES AND MID   ATLANTIC...WHILE STRONG POLEWARD MASS FLUXES PRECEDING THE CYCLONE   ALLOW A WARM SECTOR TO EXTEND INTO PORTIONS OF ERN PA AND NJ.    ...THE MIDDLE ATLANTIC...   THE AIR MASS IN ADVANCE OF THE STRONG COLD FRONT WILL BECOME   MARGINALLY UNSTABLE -- E.G. MLCAPE AROUND 300-600 J/KG -- DURING THE   AFTERNOON. THIS WILL BE IN RESPONSE TO THE COMBINATION OF /1/ AT   LEAST PARTIAL INSOLATION IN SOME AREAS IN THE WAKE OF   EARLY-DAY...WARM-ADVECTION-ENCOURAGED CLOUDS/SHOWERS ASSOCIATED WITH   THE STRENGTHENING LLJ...AND /2/ STRONG NWD FLUXES OF RELATIVELY   HIGHER THETA-E AIR IN THE BOUNDARY LAYER WITH SFC DEWPOINTS IN THE   MIDDLE 50S. THE NRN EXTENT OF THE WARM/BUOYANT SECTOR WILL BE   MODULATED TO SOME EXTENT BY DOWNWARD-DIRECTED SENSIBLE HEAT FLUXES   WITHIN THE SFC LAYER ATOP THE ONGOING SNOW PACK IN NRN PA AND NRN   NJ. REGARDLESS...DIURNALLY ENHANCED BUOYANCY SHOULD ALLOW   THUNDERSTORMS TO INCREASE IN NUMBER AND INTENSITY ALONG THE COLD   FRONT AS IT ADVANCES FROM SERN OHIO/ERN KY INTO WRN WV AND WRN PA BY   MID-DAY...WITH THIS ACTIVITY QUICKLY SPREADING EWD/NEWD THROUGH THE   AFTERNOON.   WITH THE EXIT REGION OF A 70-90-KT H5 JET CORE OVERSPREADING THE   WARM SECTOR BUOYANCY ABOVE A SWLY LLJ INCREASING TO 50-60 KT...WIND   PROFILES WILL BE FAVORABLE FOR LOW-TOPPED...ORGANIZED CONVECTION.   THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED TO BECOME ORGANIZED INTO FAST MOVING   QUASI-LINEAR SEGMENTS WITH EMBEDDED LEWP STRUCTURES INVOF THE COLD   FRONT. STRONG CONVECTIVE MOMENTUM TRANSPORT WILL SUPPORT THE   POTENTIAL FOR DAMAGING WIND GUSTS...WITH THIS POTENTIAL BOLSTERED BY   THE STRONG CROSS-FRONTAL...SYNOPTIC PRESSURE RISE-FALL COUPLET.   STRONG LOW-LEVEL SHEAR -- E.G. AROUND 30-40 KT OF 0-1-KM BULK    SHEAR -- WILL SUPPORT SOME POTENTIAL FOR LINE-EMBEDDED MESOVORTICES   TO PRODUCE TORNADOES.   THE GREATEST SVR POTENTIAL WILL EXTEND ACROSS THE ERN PANHANDLE OF   WV INTO NRN VA...CNTRL/WRN MD...THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA...AND   S-CNTRL PA...WHICH MAY HAVE THE GREATEST OPPORTUNITY TO EXPERIENCE   PRE-FRONTAL INSOLATION. THERE WILL BE SOME POTENTIAL FOR A MORE   WIDESPREAD SVR-WIND EVENT TO TAKE PLACE IN THESE AREAS...POTENTIALLY   WARRANTING HIGHER SVR PROBABILITIES IN SUBSEQUENT OUTLOOKS.   HOWEVER...SUCH POTENTIAL WILL BE PREDICATED ON THE DEGREE OF   INSOLATION-ENHANCED STEEPENING OF LOW-LEVEL LAPSE RATES...FOR WHICH   SOME UNCERTAINTY EXISTS. STORMS ARE EXPECTED TO MOVE OFF THE COAST   AS THE FRONT MOVES OFFSHORE.   ..COHEN.. 03/11/2014   CLICK TO GET WUUS02 PTSDY2 PRODUCT   NOTE: THE NEXT DAY 2 OUTLOOK IS SCHEDULED BY 0600Z   CURRENT UTC TIME: 1840Z (2:40PM), RELOAD THIS PAGE TO UPDATE THE TIME        

Love to go out without a coat on. What a day.

Tomorrow it goes downhill....unless you like dramatic falling temperatures, wind rain then snow.

If this was november i would be obsessed with checking the radar to see if the rain snow line moves. Lets just say that I most likely will not be doing that. Interesting though that the Euro trended against us and the NAM for us.

All you warm weather lovers enjoy it while ya can! :devilsmiley:

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PITTSBURGH PA308 PM EDT TUE MAR 11 2014OHZ039>041-048>050-057>059-068-069-PAZ013-014-020>023-029-031-073-075-WVZ001>004-012-021-022-120315-/O.NEW.KPBZ.WW.Y.0017.140312T1700Z-140313T0500Z/TUSCARAWAS-CARROLL-COLUMBIANA-COSHOCTON-HARRISON-JEFFERSON OH-MUSKINGUM-GUERNSEY-BELMONT-NOBLE-MONROE-LAWRENCE-BUTLER-BEAVER-ALLEGHENY-ARMSTRONG-INDIANA-WASHINGTON-GREENE-WESTMORELAND-FAYETTE-HANCOCK-BROOKE-OHIO-MARSHALL-WETZEL-MARION-MONONGALIA-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...NEW PHILADELPHIA...CARROLLTON...SALEM...COSHOCTON...CADIZ...STEUBENVILLE...ZANESVILLE...CAMBRIDGE...ST. CLAIRSVILLE...CALDWELL...WOODSFIELD...NEW CASTLE...BUTLER...BEAVER...PITTSBURGH METRO AREA...KITTANNING...INDIANA...WASHINGTON...WAYNESBURG...GREENSBURG...LATROBE...UNIONTOWN...WEIRTON...BETHANY...WHEELING...MOUNDSVILLE...NEW MARTINSVILLE...FAIRMONT...MORGANTOWN308 PM EDT TUE MAR 11 2014...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM WEDNESDAY TO 1 AMEDT THURSDAY...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PITTSBURGH HAS ISSUED A WINTERWEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECTFROM 1 PM WEDNESDAY TO 1 AM EDT THURSDAY.* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...2 TO 4 INCHES.* SNOW BEGINNING...EARLY AFTERNOON.* PERIOD OF MOST INTENSE SNOW...LATE AFTERNOON AND EVENING.* SNOW ENDING...LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT.* IMPACTS...STRONG WIND WILL CAUSE BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW.  TRAVEL WILL REMAIN DIFFICULT DUE TO AREAS OF REDUCED VISIBILITY  AND SNOW DRIFTING OVER ROADS. TEMPERATURES FALLING BELOW  FREEZING AND WIDESPREAD DEVELOPMENT OF ICY ROADS.* WINDS...NORTHWEST 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 40 MPH.* WIND CHILLS NEAR -10 THURSDAY MORNING.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW MEANS THATTRAVELING WILL BE INHIBITED DUE TO SLIPPERY ROADS AND REDUCEDVISIBILITY. USE CAUTION WHEN TRAVELING AND REPORT SNOWACCUMULATION TO THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BY CALLING 412-262-1988...POSTING TO THE NWS PITTSBURGH FACEBOOK PAGE...OR USINGTWITTER @NWSPITTSBURGH.&&$$

Next week says Spring Cancel with more storm threats lol This has to be the longest winter for tracking storms since I started posting back at Eastern... We started before Thanksgiving and might go through til April.

Last year we had a nice storm at the end of March that dropped like 6 inches. I wouldnt be surprised to see these up down swings until mid April. How can you not like this weather Rit? It makes me want to golf or run and I hate cardio.

Well I don't dislike it, I am looking forward to to the drive home from work with the windows down. Wife has some windows in the house open so looking forward to that fresh smell of a breeze. Had my daughter outside to play yesterday evening, can't lie it was nice.

That being said, its going to get cold again so I'll embrace it. Everyone in the office is running around saying OMG I can't believe its almost 70, I couldn't help myself but bring to their attention the WWA and -10 windchill's tomorrow as well. Most think I'm crazy and it can't / won't happen. Like its their first March in WPA, hope they wear coats tomorrow lol

From a weather enthusiast standpoint blue skies and 60s and 70s isn't really tantalizing conversation. It's not worth discussing 500 posts about how it feels nice out, so I'll roll with the extremes that are going to come through tomorrow.

I'll always root for the cold over the warm, but to a point I want every season to have its place, although I don't mind if spring gets shafted a bit and we have a cooler than average summer.

I'm a snow weenie, but after 8 days of sub zero temp and car and sidewalk killed in salt. I'm ready for spring.

Btw, wrong place seems a lot of people feel the way I do. I say almost 80% of the CPA thread wants spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh.....

In any case, on top of a hard flash freeze and probably a couple of inches of snow, looks like a pretty good squall line and good straight line wind potential with this storm.

Hopefully the signs pointing towards a storm next week come to fruition.

I'm trying to think of an instance of such varying wx conditions in a 24 hr span in this region.  I just took an hour walk in shorts, and by late PM tomorrow it will be SN or SN+ for a time with wind chill values in the teens.  Drastic to a T. 

I remember March 7-8 1995, it was 73 F on the 7th, and the next day we ended up with 6" snow.

I'm trying to think of an instance of such varying wx conditions in a 24 hr span in this region.  I just took an hour walk in shorts, and by late PM tomorrow it will be SN or SN+ for a time with wind chill values in the teens.  Drastic to a T. 

Thats what I find so interesting. That drastic temperature drop will be fun to watch. I hope we go from heavy rain to S+ in the matter of a few minutes. Who knows, we might even get some thunder when the front goes through.

I remember March 7-8 1995, it was 73 F on the 7th, and the next day we ended up with 6" snow.

Its funny we have these temperature contrasts almost every year to some degree, but folks are sure it can't snow tomorrow when it was so warm today.

I said who cares in regards to models showing 2" of snow when it's suppose to 50+ 36 hours later.

Did you miss my apology to him also?

I don't know what your deal is with me. I seriously have never spoke a bad word to you. Ever since my map that went against what you thought you been after me.

I said before I don't know much about weather, but was told by a fellow poster this was a great board to learn.

Why don't we just ignore one another.

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah no hard feelings on my end. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and weather is a pretty relative thing from person to person. Its been a long winter so I get most people want to move on to Spring.

I know I've said it before, but I feel we have months and months of warm weather on the door step so I'm all for a late season snow if its going to continue below normal. If the weather was making a turn towards mild and we had some thunderstorms to talk about then I'd be for that as well at this point.

Yeah no hard feelings on my end. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and weather is a pretty relative thing from person to person. Its been a long winter so I get most people want to move on to Spring.

I know I've said it before, but I feel we have months and months of warm weather on the door step so I'm all for a late season snow if its going to continue below normal. If the weather was making a turn towards mild and we had some thunderstorms to talk about then I'd be for that as well at this point.

I'm the same way basically. I definitely enjoyed the past two days being warm, but if we still would have a shot at a significant snow storm then I'd still take it in a heartbeat. If we don't, then bring on spring. If we're going to just get more nuisance snows then I'd rather just have the warm weather and thunderstorm chances take over.

The way the pattern is looking, it looks like the cold is going to hang on for a while yet. If that ends up being the case, then a nice healthy late season dump is fine with me, even if it's gone in a couple of days from a warmup.

Sent from my XT897

Archived