• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh/ Western PA Part III

At least from looking at the gfs, the setup with the energy diving south out of canada is not bad.

One of the issues seems to be the PV is a bit too far NE, if it was positioned further SW, the energy coming out of canada would be further SW, thus along said energy more room to phase earlier.

At least for us in SW PA.

The H5 maps are about as far as I go, with regards to using models.

There's alot more I'm sure than that.  :snowman:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least from looking at the gfs, the setup with the energy diving south out of canada is not bad.

One of the issues seems to be the PV is a bit too far NE, if it was positioned further SW, the energy coming out of canada would be further SW, thus along said energy more room to phase earlier.

At least for us in SW PA.

The H5 maps are about as far as I go, with regards to using models.

There's alot more I'm sure than that.  :snowman:

Yeah, we need that to phase faster so this thing gets wound up sooner. The further NE position is also probably bad for track of the system as well. If the models are underdoing the influence of the PV even half as much as they did for the last storm we might be in business.

Yeah, we need that to phase faster so this thing gets wound up sooner. The further NE position is also probably bad for track of the system as well. If the models are underdoing the influence of the PV even half as much as they did for the last storm we might be in business.

I am hoping for the big phase too but I have a feeling we will have our typical rain turning to snow with the cold front and an inch or less. Just a gut feeling. Hope I am wrong.

Starting to look more and more likely we will be under the gun from this upcoming storm, just what form the precip takes is the question. I am concerned we get fringed though being on the SE side of it snow wise. It would figure after what would seem a majority of the winter seeing storms slide 50-100 miles to far SE to seeing one go 50-100 miles to far NW. The system tracks almost right over top of us right now. Still time to nail down the actual track and strength and all the rest of the usual caveats.. Fingers crossed.

00Z Euro Snow Map:

post-328-0-46180400-1394371007_thumb.jpg

Wow. We could be 45 degrees or better 5 out of the next 7 days as of right now.

Love this time of year.

Sent from my iPhone

Things are trending towards a decent storm this week. Could see a decent 4-6 inch hit from hit based on the gfs, but it is borderline.

Looks to me like the 0z Euro wants to phase in 3 shortwaves on Wednesday.  That's got to be difficult to accurately forecast this far out, especially with the "central" shortwave still over the Pacific Ocean.  That s/w should arrive on the West Coast Monday morning.  Will be watching to see if ensemble spread goes down then.  Right now it's high around 0z Thu.

Well so the long range Euro shows another fantasy blizzard in the 216-240 hr. We are south east of the heavy snow but that can change drastically.

Right now we are right in the middle of both storms, so chances are these soltuions will verify verbatim lol

Really rooting for a bit of a South trend for the mid week storm. If we can squeeze 6+ out of that I'd be ok with the next one missing us if thats how it panned out. It's hard to imagine the cold air not winning out given the seasonal trend this year, but we are heading into mid March so sooner or later the cold is going to lose.

Hopefully it keeps going NW lol

It will end up really frustrating if there are 2 major storms and SWPA ends up lying in a 100mile swath that gets fringed by both. Starting to get the feeling this mid week storm is going to be more wet than white.

I have feeling we are not gonna break our 5 inch max this year. Hope I am wrong.

Hopefully it keeps going NW lol

It will end up really frustrating if there are 2 major storms and SWPA ends up lying in a 100mile swath that gets fringed by both. Starting to get the feeling this mid week storm is going to be more wet than white.

This next storm needs to track south. Of course when we need it too, it locks in and keeps the same path. Still looks like a rain to snow scenerio. Sweet spots will be Northeast Ohio and Northwest Pa. 

18z NAM still looks warm to start but much wetter and maybe some good backend snows.

Archived