12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 12 -14 Potential Storm

NEG NAO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great run for inland areas and sne. Not a good run for the coast. Still plenty of runs to go.

Snow map distribution looks 2-4" for the immediate NYC metro but amounts go up dramatically as you head north and west. I'd much rather take my chances with these dynamics. I would rather have nothing and sunshine than another 4-8" quick hitter.

I want a weaker storm than a phased bomb, 3-6/4-8" of snow is way better than 1-2" of rain. I'll take gfs over euro please.

Meh, me personally, I want to see a bomb, even if I got mostly rain here in philly I'd love to track a HECS for S NY or something....I could always travel, plus I've seen like 10 3-5" storms it seems this year. 

I like this solution I think it makes sense , ( looks like the 0z control run )  If you wrap a system up this deep that early without blocking , you are very likely to warm the coastal plain and even further than that . Its not a matter of being 5 or 6 days out and its not climo , its just meteorology in my mind . 

You are devoid of a mechanism to keep cold air at all levels  in place .  IMO  .

I like this solution I think it makes sense , ( looks like the 0z control run )  If you wrap a system up this deep that early without blocking , you are very likely to warm the coastal plain and even further than that . Its not a matter of being 5 or 6 days out and its not climo , its just meteorology in my mind . 

You are devoid of a mechanism to keep cold air at all levels  in place .  IMO  .

While I agree with you, I personally feel we do have the mechanism, check out the confluence over SE Canada @ 144 hrs, if that was a bit faster the HP would be in a better spot. Even with such a wrapped up system it was a close call. 

Archived