• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Pittsburgh/Western PA Banter & Complaint Thread

I feel bad for him. If he has another playoff exit. Without making it to cup. He is gone. Guaranteed.

no he won't If he didn't get fired last year afte that disgusting "Performance" against the Bruins with only 1 year left on deal they are NOT firing him with 2 years left & those 2 years being the extension they just gave him in the offseason 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/dan-bylsma-deserves-blame-for-usa-hockey-s-olympic-embarrassment-231757389.html;_ylt=AwrBEiHaYAlTOEQAwtJNbK5_

Puck daddy who likes him ! Blaming him 

no he won't If he didn't get fired last year afte that disgusting "Performance" against the Bruins with only 1 year left on deal they are NOT firing him with 2 years left & those 2 years being the extension they just gave him in the offseason 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/dan-bylsma-deserves-blame-for-usa-hockey-s-olympic-embarrassment-231757389.html;_ylt=AwrBEiHaYAlTOEQAwtJNbK5_

With all due respect, Therrien got an extension after 2008. The axe came down nonetheless.

wow, Dustin Brown ripped Bylsma - "It's the coach's job to figure out the best chance to win."

Haha how is that ripping him? DB benched Brown. They asked him why, he said " We went with players we thought could score us a goal " Brown said " I'm not happy about it, but it's the coach's job to figure out the best chance to win if that's what he thinks. "  Boy he really roasted him.

Seeing all of these articles come out blaming DB is pretty sad. You can't tell me that a different coach would have changed the outcome in the Canada game. A game where we were severely outplayed for the last 30 minutes. Then a 5-0 rout to the Fins. We were shutout in back to back games and you're blaming the coach?!?! Get the f*** out of here.

I understand all that but when you have a vastly superior team year after year and fail to even reach the cup finals, even scotty bowman would be let go....Steel-you could probably coach the pens and have them at least make the playoffs.. As far as the Olympics, the US started the fastest, scoring 20 goals in the opening round and playing great team defense....to nothing in the medal round-I just don't get it.  Dan's a good coach-not a great one.  Not sure who would be better-that's the problem.... :(

Seeing all of these articles come out blaming DB is pretty sad. You can't tell me that a different coach would have changed the outcome in the Canada game. A game where we were severely outplayed for the last 30 minutes. Then a 5-0 rout to the Fins. We were shutout in back to back games and you're blaming the coach?!?! Get the f*** out of here.

I don't know. I like Dan as a coach but the way this ended sorta bothers me. USA was the highest scorning team in the tournament prior to the loss to Canada and the Bronze game when they all of the sudden couldn't muster a goal and appeared to be outplayed. Seems a bit to much like last years playoffs. It just makes me wonder if there is something to these claims he doesn't make adjustments and either refuses or is unable to do line match-ups. I'd think they could still "play their game" and see even better outcomes with players matched up against those on the other team that play to our strengths. Even the year we lost to Tampa in the first round, granted we didn't have Sid and Geno in the lineup, but we were up in the series, Tampa makes a few adjustments and we lose a couple only to flame out in a 1-0 loss in game 7.

Even if it is the players that don't follow his plan that's a problem, the coach has got to get the players to buy in or hes not doing his job.

He did tweak the system this year with the left wing lock and it appears to have helped. I guess we will see what happens this year in the playoffs. I'm still a Dan supporter, but starting to get swayed. I know you can't win every year, but there seems to be a pattern emerging...

I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone if they are say bounced in the Conference semis. The other side of the "if he didn't get fired when ____" coin is **** adding up. Plus there's also the team completely quitting on him to get him fired. Hell, our team's owner was quite the expert at that in the 80s.

http://nesn.com/2014/02/olympic-hock...oss-to-canada/

“It’s tough to win when you don’t play in the offensive zone,” he added.
Zach Parise !! USA Captain

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...t-play-scared/

“We didn’t show up to play. It’s kind of frustrating,” Suter said, per the Olympic News Service. “They’re a good team. We sat back, we were passive. You can’t play scared.”

Suter was a very prominent player for USA too 

Haha how is that ripping him? DB benched Brown. They asked him why, he said " We went with players we thought could score us a goal " Brown said " I'm not happy about it, but it's the coach's job to figure out the best chance to win if that's what he thinks. "  Boy he really roasted him.

saying that the COACH has to find a way to win isn't ripping the coach ?? boy you must really pay attention to hockey Players in interviews they go out of their way not to rip teammates or coaches. That is as good a Rip on a coach you will get from a Player in Hockey

With all due respect, Therrien got an extension after 2008. The axe came down nonetheless.

with even more due respect ! HUGE difference BY all accounts the Players LOVE Bylsma & By the same token Owners & GM KNEW the Players HATED MIchel Therrien when he was fired.   

& biggest thing is Sid is a HUGE Backer of Bylsma & just like Mario & Jagr what he wants He gets 

with even more due respect ! HUGE difference BY all accounts the Players LOVE Bylsma & By the same token Owners & GM KNEW the Players HATED MIchel Therrien when he was fired.

& biggest thing is Sid is a HUGE Backer of Bylsma & just like Mario & Jagr what he wants He gets

You can't be over the age of 16...I think you are one of the group of pittsburgh rants trolling posters.

saying that the COACH has to find a way to win isn't ripping the coach ?? boy you must really pay attention to hockey Players in interviews they go out of their way not to rip teammates or coaches. That is as good a Rip on a coach you will get from a Player in Hockey

Dude you can't be serious.. He said it's the coaches job to find the best way to win, if that's what he feels is best. In response to a question that was asking him how he felt about being benched. What the hell do you expect him to say?

“We didn’t show up to play. It’s kind of frustrating,” Suter said, per the Olympic News Service. “They’re a good team. We sat back, we were passive. You can’t play scared.”

Next thing you're going to tell me these are jabs at DB too.

Why do people hate. When peoples opinions are not like there own. And. Act like there opinion is 100 % right?????? No one knows what the future holds. Balsma could. Win. 6 out of next 8 stanly cups. And this will all be moot , when. U keep losing when it matters and fans and writers start turning on u. U r going to be replaced. They gave db extension to show all they are behind him. And if he gets knocked out early. This year. I bet he will not be around next year. U see all negativity building already. U can't have all this talent and not win in this day and age I hope he wins a cup this year. But I can't see it. There will be to much pressure. On this franchise

Next thing you're going to tell me these are jabs at DB too.

WELL WHO THE **** SETS THE GAME PLAN ????????????????????

Why do people hate. When peoples opinions are not like there own. And. Act like there opinion is 100 % right?????? No one knows what the future holds. Balsma could. Win. 6 out of next 8 stanly cups. And this will all be moot , when. U keep losing when it matters and fans and writers start turning on u. U r going to be replaced. They gave db extension to show all they are behind him. And if he gets knocked out early. This year. I bet he will not be around next year. U see all negativity building already. U can't have all this talent and not win in this day and age I hope he wins a cup this year. But I can't see it. There will be to much pressure. On this franchise

because they are college age Skulls full of Mush Who believe that their opinion is right & have been told that their entire life, From the 1st time they got a trophy for signing up to play a sport 

I think we have a couple Morons on our hands ! You keep making my Point ! why don't don't you quit before you make a complete ASS of yourself

BUT that is right YOU KNOW everything & therefore you ridicule anyone who disagrees with you. I can't wait till you get out in the Big Bad World & come to the stark realization that everything you were taught & believed is a Lie.

I'm done responding to you.

I will just say that intelligence isn't knowing everything...intelligence is realizing that you don't know everything, and that people like bylsma and those in the nws know more about their professions than you would in 500 years of following as an amateur.

Thinking you are more of an expert than the actual experts, is IMO, one of the best examples of ignorance.