joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential storm February 12-13 2014

famartin

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll chime in here on this run.  Really good track.  Looking at the upper levels, really like that the 850mb low tracks off to our east. Even the 700mb level, looks really good.  This looks to be a high impact event.  No need to get into specific snow totals, but just focusing on the track.  Still, looks like significant snow threat possible for Wednesday night into Thursday.  Hmmm. maybe no jury duty in Camden for me on Thursday.  Maybe they'll say, okay folks, your all excused and see you in 3 years. Anyway, definitely an interesting week for sure.  

Lovely slop-fest on the EC, lucky to get 10:1 ratios out of it along I-95. Probably not as sloppy as last Monday, but its very warm from 800 to the surface. Of course it'll still change another 10 times.

Last weeks snow has formed somewhat of a glacier, more wet snow followed by more cold temps could mean we may keep an icepack for a long time.

It amazes me that just a day or two ago, we were watching a positively tilted southern stream shortwave sliding off the coast, and now we're looking at the trough closing off with h500 and h300 dynamics very supportive of great lift.  That shortwave in the upper plains still makes me nervous, though.

Not one post here and the 84 hour NAM crashes the server lol

NAM is a BECS in Georgia and Carolinas. MECS + up here depending what happens post 84hr

2" cripples Atlanta what happens with 18"

Shanty towns would be set up along the highway. Local government would break down. The national guard would be overrun by panicked Georgians.... Schools would be shut down for over a week. But yeah, I doubt that the NAM and EURO's snowfall output for down there pans out,  just speaking from a climo standpoint. I could see 10"+ happening though. It would be quite a sight...

Not that I buy the NAM at 84 (does anyone, really?), but its mainly sleet and freezing rain at TTN.

all the big storms seem to have this feature with a definitive line somewhere around i95. I agree about the ip and fzra but might add snow areas just to the west of this feature under the ccb get hammered in these setups, Ray.

all the big storms seem to have this feature with a definitive line somewhere around i95. I agree about the ip and fzra but might add snow areas just to the west of this feature under the ccb get hammered in these setups, Ray.

My point is two fold

1 - Its the NAM at 84.  Not to be trusted.

2 - Even if you trust it, its not showing quite what you want it to, unless your name is Rib.

Just woke up, as I go into work at midnight. Multiple people asked me If this is true. Hype machine started already.. Smhy4y8u7ug.jpg

Does the idiot running that site even know what the March 93 blizzard was like?  I mean, that's nowhere NEAR the 93 blizzards westward extent.  1 foot plus snows fell all the way into Ohio and down to Alabama.

Archived