joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2014 Observations

jaxjagman

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radar returns are slightly weaker but they could build back up again overnight. I'm not sure how many more hours of precip we'll get but if it snows until 6AM (8 more hours) and there's a quarter inch an hour that's 4 inches more - at least. Who knows how much if another heavy band develops, or if that final band is a killer.

I'm nearing 6" on the NW side of Knoxville (just also saw an official report of 6" near Powell several miles from my house), and I think 8" is a given for me now. Who knows how much more will fall.

Robert also mentioned in a comment under one of his posts that he had underpredicted storm totals for ETN...might be getting more through the night than we first thought? His comment is below...he is so awesome on predicting these storms!!! I always check with him when these events start to develop

anywhere west of 85 and esp . west of 77 in VA and NC by early morning is the best chance, and the best chances of really heavy snow is western VA and all of western NC mountains and foothills, all of eastern TN (where I was way too low in my snow maps) and northern tier of counties of GA and northeast AL.

Looks like the I-75 line is juicing up again around Loudon and Sweetwater, building towards Greenback.  I like what I see on radar, especially with dimes still mixing in here.  Huntsville radar shows more pinwheel potential too.  Still some life left in this thing, I bet it keeps going for several more hours.

Still snowing pretty good. I'm getting concerned about the amount of snow on these tree limbs over my head and all up the street. Power lines are underground in here, but just up the street outside my condos they aren't and there are trees everywhere.

Tabby what is your total now?  I just measured 5.5 with a biggish flaked light snow still falling.

Archived