joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 4-5 Snow, Ice, Sleet, Rain Obs

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My sister had a large pine fall overnight in her backyard and her neighbour has a 60 footer down across the driveway, and snow is still on the trees. A rare day after a snowstorm with no wind to clear the trees. Ice is going to be a disaster i fear a post sandy like multiple day power failure impending.

26F

Hi all new to the site and wanted to know how much ice for my location? Will it close schools?

Hey Charles. It's Matthew Teare from LWB by the way. NOAA is showing .10-.25 inches of ice for our area. It's a forecast so me might see less or might see more, but we'll most likely have a 2 hour delay at most. If trees are knocked down or power goes out, school has a higher chance of closing than just seeing ice ending at around 8:30 AM or somewhere around the time frame.

Add the location to your profile. Otherwise no one has a clue and 24.6F is meaningless.

Added it a few times over the past few years and something always happens where it clears out over time. That's why i put the map in my signature. But I added it again now just for you. ;)

Hey Charles. It's Matthew Teare from LWB by the way. NOAA is showing .10-.25 inches of ice for our area. It's a forecast so me might see less or might see more, but we'll most likely have a 2 hour delay at most. If trees are knocked down or power goes out, school has a higher chance of closing than just seeing ice ending at around 8:30 AM or somewhere around the time frame.

Thanks Matthew. Yeah however I think if school districts don't call for a 2 hour delay tonight they will call for off tomorrow or leave it as a full day. I just can't see going to school 2 hours late. Roads will still be treacherous. I think power will go out in my area. My power goes out a lot and is weak. This weekend storm could be a massive snowstorm btw but still too early. I think it is possible our area could see more than .25 perhaps up to .50 because I think the cold air will be more stubborn to leave. I just don't want to have school but I am happy with a 2 hour delay.

I still am shocked that schools in Pennsylvania are opening late. They should all be closed. .25-.50 of ice up there and I just think school districts are making a big mistake if we receive more than .10 inches of ice.

They can go from a delay to closing, and with the uncertainty around ptype this storm, I don't see why they would make any call but that.

Always a good combination.  Lol.  Just kidding.
Be safe and keep the power on!  For once I am happy to miss out on this kind of winter storm.

Safety first, of course. 

but its ready just in case ...I'm hoping not to use it.

I like a good storm, but nobody likes the vanilla ice

Temp up to 24.6

Archived