• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 2-3 winter storm 18z model discussion thread

REDMK6GLI

We had something similar with the Boxing Day 2010 event-the kicker system was actually well into the Rockies by the time we were getting blitzed, and the ridge axis was actually into the Plains. The block was stronger then but I still think we can have a big event here if the trough is amplified enough. But we need to keep the solid trends today with the diving northern stream.

The ridge was much stronger the over the Plains, for Boxing Day 2010. This one is collapsing.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mixing at the coast is always a threat. Those sneaky mid level warm pushes happen a lot and often aren't modeled well until the near term. That probably won't be the case here unless this ends up very weak and disorganized.

That happened during the 96 Blizzard in Ocean County - mixed with and changed to sleet for a period of time cutting down on totals we only received 19 or 20 inches

we had separate model threads for years. if bluewave makes a detailed post in a single superthread it gets drowned out in 15 minutes

yeah I like the separate model threads too.  It worked quite well in the easternwx days. But think we should have one pinned general/discussion obs thread.  Don't think there is any need to separate obs from the discussion as it winds up morphing into both anyway.  

As far as the storm liking the trends on the op and ensembles. 

we had separate model threads for years. if bluewave makes a detailed post in a single superthread it gets drowned out in 15 minutes

Exactly, also we can have a synopsis with every new post for people checking in after work or what not. If i stepped away for a few hours its hard to keep track of what going on when Im mobile and cant look at the runs myself. It was also annoying when threads randomly ended at least now there would be a structure.

Archived