12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 21-22nd Winter Storm Part 3

Chicago Storm

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the dryslot trend over the last 48 hours has been very interesting to watch evolve....you had to figure there would be one once some of the QPF "bombness" got squared away...and the details became clearer....but it's another learned lesson to be filed under "things to keep in mind" no matter what the models show 4 or 5 days out (for me at least)

Any sort of ice potential at DTW is over especially with it raining already which is much faster than any model. However the heavy rain and flood potential is going to increase with this earlier start time.

Yes, I see the rain shield is up to around I-94 already, much quicker than I anticipated. I really wish our icing potential would go away. Sleet and a light glazing would be okay. I'd be happy to get dryslotted, frankly.

Yes, I see the rain shield is up to around I-94 already, much quicker than I anticipated. I really wish our icing potential would go away. Sleet and a light glazing would be okay. I'd be happy to get dryslotted, frankly.

No kidding It's's all ready a sheet of Ice outside. This is got disaster written all over it around N of 59 to 69 corridor  

Looks like a Saukville Special...  Madison looks like a good spot to be...i'll be watching this one from the sidelines...  We had freezing drizzle last night...what a pain..  I was talking to my nephew who works for the city...they've never seen so many stoplights hit by cars...  They had 3 of them just yesterday.

Icing potential at DTW was always pretty low....way too much WAA to overcome with such a weak low level cold flow. They're right in the middle of the atmospheric river.

Well the problem is that the rain is starting too soon before the northeast low level flow can even get established, if the models had been showing this all along then I wouldn't have been thinking ice for DTW, no model even last night had it raining this soon. Most started around 3-6pm.

Archived