Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
November 16th-18th Storm General Discussion/Obs

Geos

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang, that's strong. Peak wind gust here was 55mph.

Same, and this is definitely better than the Halloween storm. Can feel my building shake at times!

Wow on the 1:00am update Port Colborne now reporting a 65mph gust (105 km/h), sustained 51mph (82 km/h).   :lmao:

Over 100K without power now in ON.

That's HydroOne customers. Up to 107K now.

Geez! One by one they're coming down. Not hearing any reports yet of hydro outages across Waterloo Region. *knock on wood* But the wind is seriously gusting right now. Sounds like a steaming kettle in the apartment hallway for some reason. Might take a short walk soon to inspect the street.

Geez! One by one they're coming down. Not hearing any reports yet of hydro outages across Waterloo Region. *knock on wood* But the wind is seriously gusting right now. Sounds like a steaming kettle in the apartment hallway for some reason. Might take a short walk soon to inspect the street.

I'd recommend it you don't get this kind of wind too often! Have to work tomorrow sadly or else I'd still be out there. House creaking like it hasn't in a while.

Guys , you know  lot more about this then I do. We have small trees down all over the woods . In most places they all face toward the northeast.  In one spot we have trees facing North East, East, and South West. Could this have been  micro-burst?

Sounds like a divergent damage pattern.  Did you report it to NWS?

We dodged a lot of bullets with the storm as far as damage and injuries. I think we will have 35-45 destroyed homes from the storm. Around 300 with damage. I did damage assessment with a retired Kokomo firefighter and there were times we were both confused where we were at. All the recognizable landmarks and signs were gone. A very close call to the movie theater and a Kokomo lost one fire station but was very close to losing three.

IND has the path of the LAF EF3 at ~30 miles in the Damage Assessment Toolkit.  Feel very fortunate that it skirted the south/east fringe of town or else we'd be dealing with another Kokomo. 

Yikes. Just checked it out. A couple of miles northwest and it would have gone through industrial complexes, densely populated residential areas, IVY Tech College, and near the Tippecanoe mall and lots of businesses.

Washington HS football team is playing in a semifinal game on Saturday....Joilet Catholic players and some of their family drove down to Washington and put together a dinner for them last night...good stuff...

http://heraldnews.suntimes.com/news/23909623-418/jca-football-players-lend-a-helping-hand-to-their-washington-counterparts.html

Archived