• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Should Philly and NYC be merged back together?

famartin

Should Philly and NYC forums be merged back together?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Should Philly and NYC forums be merged back together?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. The decision to split the two forums was stupid in the first place. It split apart a great, dynamic group of posters and made it more bothersome to navigate. It's not like a DCA / NYC split or a NYC / BOS type split. NYC and PHL metro areas are very similar climate wise, and the small differences can be taken care of via different threads. The more the merrier in my opinion. It's more enjoyable to post in a forum where there's a larger number of posters. Philly forum was probably one of the smallest crowds on the board, so it made even less sense to isolate them from the NYC forum. That's my opinion.

Yes. The decision to split the two forums was stupid in the first place. It split apart a great, dynamic group of posters and made it more bothersome to navigate. It's not like a DCA / NYC split or a NYC / BOS type split. NYC and PHL metro areas are very similar climate wise, and the small differences can be taken care of via different threads. The more the merrier in my opinion. It's more enjoyable to post in a forum where there's a larger number of poster. Philly forum was probably one of the smallest crowds on the board, so it made even less sense to isolate them from the NYC forum. That's my opinion.

I don't remember my feelings at the time of the original split; I may have been against it, I really don't recall.  I grew to like it because sometimes NYC felt out of control, and PHL felt rational.  But now that most posters have abandoned PHL... there's no need for it to continue.

The last couple of winters we have been much more similar to DC than NYC.

That was really only true last year.  The other recent winters, PHL has been about as similar to DC as to NYC, or more similar to NYC than to DC.

YEAR      NYC   PHL   DCA2008-09  27.6  22.9   7.52009-10  51.4  78.7  56.12010-11  61.9  44.0  10.12011-12   7.4   4.0   2.02012-13  26.1   8.3   3.1

I don't remember my feelings at the time of the original split; I may have been against it, I really don't recall.  I grew to like it because sometimes NYC felt out of control, and PHL felt rational.  But now that most posters have abandoned PHL... there's no need for it to continue.

I don't really remember exactly the drama that was occurring at the time either, but from a weather and posters numbers standpoint, I think it makes more sense to have the two regions together...

I don't really remember exactly the drama that was occurring at the time either, but from a weather and posters numbers standpoint, I think it makes more sense to have the two regions together...

Before the exodus, I might disagree with you.  Now however, its obvious that there is no significant reason for PHL to exist separate from NYC.

Yes. The decision to split the two forums was stupid in the first place. It split apart a great, dynamic group of posters and made it more bothersome to navigate. It's not like a DCA / NYC split or a NYC / BOS type split. NYC and PHL metro areas are very similar climate wise, and the small differences can be taken care of via different threads. The more the merrier in my opinion. It's more enjoyable to post in a forum where there's a larger number of posters. Philly forum was probably one of the smallest crowds on the board, so it made even less sense to isolate them from the NYC forum. That's my opinion.

Agreed, I too thought it was stupid to split. The small climatological difference for such a tiny area geographically speaking made no sense, especially for those who border both forum regions. I think both areas can only benefit and complement each other. As such, I believe this forum, the Phiily forum's great in depth met discussions would enrich NYC who, although much larger, sometimes lack what I find here.

Agreed, I too thought it was stupid to split. The small climatological difference for such a tiny area geographically speaking made no sense, especially for those who border both forum regions. I think both areas can only benefit and complement each other. As such, I believe this forum, the Phiily forum's great in depth met discussions would enrich NYC who, although much larger, sometimes lack what I find here.

Well, unless some posters come back from the new forum, that greater depth probably no longer exists.  Aside from me, I don't think a regular met has posted here for 5 days.

Archived