• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Should Philly and NYC be merged back together?

famartin

Should Philly and NYC forums be merged back together?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Should Philly and NYC forums be merged back together?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't been in the NYC thread since the split, but i stopped in there last night & today.....and I must say there is alot of good discussion over there. If we could get through the petty BS it would benefit this area to be merged with them IMO.

The good discussion is mired by horrible awful posts and cluttered. At least here there is hardly any cluttering. I really like the central pa forum now that I'm living near Harrisburg. But while the NYC forum is busy, it's really rough to stomach and sift through the garbage posts.

I'm torn on merging back. On one hand it makes meteorlogical sense since other subforums deal with much larger geographical areas and more varied climates. Also we have some of AmericanWx's greatest contributers.

On the other, the weenieism is ridiculous with the number of aweful posters that should be banned or at least 5 ppd'ed. I voted to merge but would hold off until we can manage the problem.

After 0z thread discussion in NYC Metro last night (01 January) - now I know I don't want to merge back... Philly thread might be smaller now but at least it is polite and we had more METS in there last night then NYC did at any given time (although some smart weather people were trying to stick to the upcoming storm). I'll settle on 10 members and information then 200 and wasting time...

After 0z thread discussion in NYC Metro last night (01 January) - now I know I don't want to merge back... Philly thread might be smaller now but at least it is polite and we had more METS in there last night then NYC did at any given time (although some smart weather people were trying to stick to the upcoming storm). I'll settle on 10 members and information then 200 and wasting time...

The activity here in the Philadelphia forum has picked up due the upcoming storm has me willing to change my vote not to merge...also many may want to take a look at this OT thread...

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/42237-the-nyc-0z-model-thread/

Being from Lancaster County, I jump around a lot between Central PA, the mid-Atlantic and PHL forums so I don't know if I have a dog in the hunt...

But if I had a vote I would keep them separate.

The NYC forum is good for PBP, but very chaotic at all times.

I travel and spend a lot in hotels for work between VA and New England so I have to go in there sometimes but it ain't for the faint of heart.

Being from Lancaster County, I jump around a lot between Central PA, the mid-Atlantic and PHL forums so I don't know if I have a dog in the hunt...But if I had a vote I would keep them separate.The NYC forum is good for PBP, but very chaotic at all times.I travel and spend a lot in hotels for work between VA and New England so I have to go in there sometimes but it ain't for the faint of heart.

The weenies and their egos are out of control. That's the problem. Five posting limits and bringing back a scorched earth policy to that forum would create innumerable benefits.

Archived