• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Prolonged noreaster Obs 10/9-10/13

tombo82685

Just talked to the Admiral Hotel on Baltimore Ave in Rehoboth Beach where I was supposed to stay this weekend for a golf trip, and he said the wind is howling down there and almost keeping him from closing the front door to his lobby.  wxunderground showing sustained 30mph winds.

Just an FYI, Wunderground doesn't do sustained wind correctly.  Its supposed to be a 2-minute average, but from home weather stations, it instead takes the instantaneous wind and you have to manually average it on their page. 

0.46" in West Chester so far today.  High wind 19mph early in the morning.

Was supposed to play golf down in Rehoboth this weekend.  I've seen some reports that models are pointing to highest qpf going to be in PA from here on out and wondering what that will leave at the beaches.  Certainly windy, but perhaps the worst is over as far as prolonged rain?

Woke up to some thunder this morning which was a little surpising. Since my rain gauge died last night and judging from the height of the darby creek i would say we have gotten between .75-1.00 of rain this morning. The bulk of which i assume came from the line of thunderstorms that came through.

Woke up to some thunder this morning which was a little surpising. Since my rain gauge died last night and judging from the height of the darby creek i would say we have gotten between .75-1.00 of rain this morning. The bulk of which i assume came from the line of thunderstorms that came through.

Leaves blocking the gauge?   Had to clean mine the other day.

.84" yesterday, and .92" as of 8 a.m. today in NW Chesco.

Leaves blocking the gauge?   Had to clean mine the other day.

.84" yesterday, and .92" as of 8 a.m. today in NW Chesco.

Nah the batteries in it probably died. I meant to replace prior to the event just never got the time. It is also due for a cleaning, since the last time i did either of those things was for Sandy.

horrible drive into work this morning, be careful. ton of accidents out there and what not. 1.35 so far at the course total... .88 today so far.. harrisburg is closing in on 6 inches of rain

What, no update on rain totals in Gilly? :P

I don't have a rain gauge, but I would be surprised if the storm total (since early AM Thursday) wasn't at least 1.5" in Spring Mount, PA.  In fact, it's raining quite heavily now so it could easily be 2" of rain for a storm total by 2 PM today.

I don't have a rain gauge, but I would be surprised if the storm total (since early AM Thursday) wasn't at least 1.5" in Spring Mount, PA.  In fact, it's raining quite heavily now so it could easily be 2" of rain for a storm total by 2 PM today.

Just use a bucket but make sure you measure in 3 locations ;)

lol hahaha 1.07 so far in gilly.. 1.73 total.

Any idea what the weather is going to be for the PSU/Michigan game tomorrow evening? Any possible driving issues in the Harrisburg area expected to last into tomorrow morning?

Thanks

The game looks cool and dry. Hard to say about driving. Downtown CXY will be a mess, but I doubt it will screw up I-81/322.

Archived