• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Noreaster This Weekend?

Ralph Wiggum

Related to this-- the models show a very large ridge over Greenland in 7-10 days, although not very low heights over Europe or eastern North America.  The lower area is in the Atlantic.

I was looking at that too. I'm clearly from New England and we had significant blocking around this time last year which gave us nothing but rain. NAO went positive thereafter and we lost half of winter, in regards to prolonged snow events. -NAO didn't return till later in the season if I remember correctly and we ended getting slammed.

This would be a heck of a storm if winter mode was on.

Euro brings the chill at 240 ;)

Teachnically, this is a southern jet disturbance, dissociated from the northern jet and "cold air" source aka lack of a phase. It be a coastal plain rain storm.

As was mentioned, the euro is pretty darn wet. Pretty much stalls the low due east of norfolk so we get the continuous onshore flow right through the weekend. Temps pretty much stay in the mid 50s to low 60s from thurs through the weekend with rainy/drizzly garbage. total qpf for the region is 2-6 inches...with the 6 inches on the immediate coast, the 2 inches from abe north... philly area is around 2.5-3

How much into SNE?

from wed night to monday 12z...mass pike is the .5 line...once to the mass borders with NH and Vt its .4...from southern Ri to hfd to litchfield co Ct is the 1 inch line...it then pregressively goes up once you back sw towards danbury and se ct where it has 1.75...cape cod area is in the .5-.75, .5 north end, .75 south end

Euro ens tot precip is the same as 12z maybe a little wetter

Did I not see a thread somewhere about predicting the first coastal? Lol

Looks like a stormy 3-5 days along the NJ shore. Might head up your way to work on the cabin this weekend but clearing the property when it's wet is a non starter. Radar looks impressive with the bands coming in off the ocean into the OB.

While there will be a long duration onshore fetch, this erosion from these is usually minor to locally moderate in spots (normally back bays that don't empty out)

Be careful on the roads as the leaves peel off in the winds and watch for those deer!!!!!

I see the NAM is in Mid winter form already going from 2-4 inches at 6z to .5 at 12z for the Philly Metro area. I don't even want to imagine if this was January and snow.

Well, if it was, I'd be in here telling everyone the NAM is garbage, not to use it, and believe the GFS and Euro solutions :)

Archived