• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Sept 11-12 Wednesday, Thursday Storm Threat

free_man

we may end up in no-man's land out of this whole deal. NNE potentially rocked in the next 24-36 hours...perhaps NYS can pop isolated PM cells on Wednesday...then after that i'm wondering if we are left with a garbage airmass and clouds on thursday. 

I know..thought crossed my mind. We'll have a pretty strong trough to force things, but I wouldn't be shocked is the atmosphere was junky. What else is new...lol.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, but just have to watch any upstream cirrus from convection tomorrow. Wednesday could be great up there.

Ahh yes, circus could def be an issue. I agree with Phil as well regarding Thursday. The dynamics will be there but we really will have no idea on the thermodynamic environment probably until Tnrsday AM

Thursday looks like a classic 2013 SNE convective setup...cloud-debris limits destabilization and we have perhaps a few isolated severe reports (mainly marginally damaging winds) followed by a significant cool-down.

Thursday is pretty much shot, just rooting for NNE at this point.

It looks like BTV backed down on the Tuesday wording and is more excited now about Wednesday.

Wednesday could be a very big day up that way.  Models not showing a great deal of 0-1km helicity but that could be underdone, especially with channeling flow through the Valley and if winds back in the llvls out ahead of any pre-frontal or with strengthening LLJ.  Tornadoes are a distinct possibility and the potential for a strong one

The soundings are so fun to look at when the CAPE gets this fat. 

CIN remains very strong Wednesday down this way so it's hard to get excited down here. 

As for Thursday lapse rates become much less favorable so instability is somewhat meh but wind fields strengthen nicely and the 18z runs do show adequate shear for organized severe convection. 

The soundings are so fun to look at when the CAPE gets this fat. 

CIN remains very strong Wednesday down this way so it's hard to get excited down here. 

As for Thursday lapse rates become much less favorable so instability is somewhat meh but wind fields strengthen nicely and the 18z runs do show adequate shear for organized severe convection. 

Pretty nice height falls too on Thursday.  

Wednesday could be a very big day up that way.  Models not showing a great deal of 0-1km helicity but that could be underdone, especially with channeling flow through the Valley and if winds back in the llvls out ahead of any pre-frontal or with strengthening LLJ.  Tornadoes are a distinct possibility and the potential for a strong one

Yeah that makes sense. Either way the cameras are ready to go. I will be monitoring the mesoanlysis and meso models quite closely leading up to what eventually emerges on radar.

No shortage of forcing Thursday. 

What I like to see though is the NAM/GFS are showing some pretty decent instability on Thursday...not as much as Wednesday obviously with no EML but the NAM still has 1500-2000 J/KG of MLcape here.

I'm really wondering if at least here in CT we will have any cloud debris.  On Wednesday the action will be well to our north and the upper wind fields should preclude much of that debris from spilling in overhead.

If the backdoor makes it down to BOS metro on Wed  or even NE Mass..would that increase chances of big bangs farther west over interior SNE?

I doubt anything on Wednesday... we're pretty capped and there's no real forcing around.

It's going to take some late morning explosive development in W NY to get us in the game. 

If we want storms we probably need lapse rates to not go to hell so quickly Thursday morning and wind fields that are a bit stronger than currently progged during the day. 

I doubt anything on Wednesday... we're pretty capped and there's no real forcing around.

It's going to take some late morning explosive development in W NY to get us in the game. 

If we want storms we probably need lapse rates to not go to hell so quickly Thursday morning and wind fields that are a bit stronger than currently progged during the day. 

Seems like a lot of if's, and's or but's...Never a good sign when talking about severe in SNE, Add the fact that it's mid September..and that should pretty much throw the last shovelful of dirt on us.

Painful to possibly see massive Tor's and wind damage rip across NNE..while it's sunny and 98 down here and cloudless..reading posts from Tip about summery appeals in the long range.

Seems like a lot of if's, and's or but's...Never a good sign when talking about severe in SNE, Add the fact that it's mid September..and that should pretty much throw the last shovelful of dirt on us.

Painful to possibly see massive Tor's and wind damage rip across NNE..while it's sunny and 98 down here and cloudless..reading posts from Tip about summery appeals in the long range.

When it comes to convection, especially when talking about possible severe and high end/outbreak stuff, there are always alot of if, and's, or butt's...not just when it comes to SNE

Well no one expected storms here... so really nothing has changed. There's a low chance something pops out west and can maintain itself but no one expects that to happen. 

Not everyone can get severe storms from every setup. 

Archived