12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the Euro won for up here.. 99% of us never tainted..

Im shocked that we even did this well down by me, the HRRR and the other short term models that we thought were overdone werent far off. I was expecting a lot more sleet earlier to keep accums down.

Radar looks to be drying out in PA

You are quite the pessimist! lol  Enjoy the snow!  

HRRR indicates we likely dryslot for a couple hours soon, then possibly pick back up in intensity for a few hours this afternoon as the primary moves east.  I doubt we see the rates we are seeing now though.

The Euro definitely came out ahead this time.  I will say that the HRRR and the RGEM were pretty spot on too.

It appears that Radarscope is doing a stellar job tracking that. You are close for sure but the snow is even heavier at that line.

Hi Rob

How does Radarscope compare to the free radar apps & sites?   I never heard of it before.   It is a paid app on android.

Hi Rob

How does Radarscope compare to the free radar apps & sites? I never heard of it before. It is a paid app on android.

I find it to be the most accurate radar out there. I've shown non-weather folks who were impressed because their radar showed rain where we were and Radarscope showed it a couple of miles away, where it was actually falling. It's very good for severe storm tracking too.

Damn...I set my alarm for 4am to go outside for a bit and woke up in a daze and shut it off...def missed a good show.

About 9" on the ground, sleet/snow mix right now, more sleet than snow.

Heh, I had the same issue. I was disappointed at first but there's still something nice about waking up to some deep fresh snow. Reminiscent of winter mornings of childhood.

Sleet appears to be surging north, but the backedge of the main precip shield is in sight as well. Maybe the radar can fill in a bit this morning as the coastal low becomes more dynamic.

Archived