• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
September 2013 Banter

wx n of atl

Metal man brought up genetics on another topic, so while on the subject, did anyone see the lobster that was caught somewhere up north, it was perfectly half brown half orange centered perfectly down the length of its body? They said it was a rare genetic mutation that happens about 1 in like 5000000 lobsters, just food for thought! Down metals way , they call em crawdads!! :)

Here tis. Actually it's 1 in 50 million to 100 million

i-WxwhRss-XL.jpg

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good timing.  Everyone knows early Sept. with a shut down tropical pattern is the busiest and most interesting time on a weather board.

Even with a shut down pattern there would have still been better disco when all the mets were still posting here, even if it's a disco about the shutdown pattern and why we're having less storms. This board compared to how it used to be is like night and day.

Even with a shut down pattern there would have still been better disco when all the mets were still posting here, even if it's a disco about the shutdown pattern and why we're having less storms. This board compared to how it used to be is like night and day.

Suggestion.

Haven't been to AmWx in a while...I see it's still slow and boring.

Suggestion.

I have to somewhat agree with Jon here. There is a pretty significant difference between now and how it used to be. Not debating which is better, but most of the mets that used to post throughout the year in this forum are gone...or at least, they post infrequently.

Part of it is probably how the internet has evolved. With the ubiquity of websites, blogs, and services like facebook and twitter, a lot of the information that used to be directed here is now spread among many of those other forums.

Things have changed, but maybe there will be more discussion and more mets posting as the tropics heat up (which is like waiting for paint to dry) or as winter approaches.

I have to somewhat agree with Jon here. There is a pretty significant difference between now and how it used to be. Not debating which is better, but most of the mets that used to post throughout the year in this forum are gone...or at least, they post infrequently.

Part of it is probably how the internet has evolved. With the ubiquity of websites, blogs, and services like facebook and twitter, a lot of the information that used to be directed here is now spread among many of those other forums.

Things have changed, but maybe there will be more discussion and more mets posting as the tropics heat up (which is like waiting for paint to dry) or as winter approaches.

I might agree with him, at least in part, but popping in at the slowest time of the year after several months of his inactivity and declaring the forum is still, "slow and boring" is hypocritical and boorish. I responded in kind.

For the record.

2013 August Obs/Discussion total posts 463

2012 August Obs/Discussion total posts 408

Basically the same, because the increase in posts this year is due to the numerous Waycross humidity reports.

I might agree with him, at least in part, but popping in at the slowest time of the year after several months of his inactivity and declaring the forum is still, "slow and boring" is hypocritical and boorish. I responded in kind.

For the record.

Basically the same, because the increase in posts this year is due to the numerous Waycross humidity reports.

I get what you're saying. It's definitely a valid point.

On another note, I thought about you a couple of weeks ago when I was in San Francisco. I had a wonderful seafood dinner at Scoma's, down at the Wharf. And the next night, I ate a very large and delicious steak at a restaurant I can't remember (a colleague took me there). There used to be an excellent Chinese restaurant, called Harbor Village, in the Embarcadero Center but unfortunately, it's closed now. So we settled for some Italian restaurant that had weird stuff unlike any Italian restaurant around here. It was like squid pasta and snail head soup or something like that. Not sure if I want to go to that part of Italy or not. :o

What's odd is that this topic about mets and others posting / not posting came up last winter, and I distinctly recall Jon stating that you can't worry about who's not in here posting, and that it's up to the posters who are in here to make the disco and community.  I agreed with him then and feel the same way now. 

What's odd is that this topic about mets and others posting / not posting came up last winter, and I distinctly recall Jon stating that you can't worry about who's not in here posting, and that it's up to the posters who are in here to make the disco and community.  I agreed with him then and feel the same way now.

If you think about it we have had a loss of posters that used to drive the analytical threads, but mostly for reasons beyond the forum.

Robert - took his analysis to the paid market.

Raleigh - similar.

Eyewall - moved to Vermont. Whether or not Union Pines gets an inch of snow is probably off of his radar now.

Lookout - I believe I read health issues have rightly taken precedence.

Weather - Has taken complete break from AmWx since March, but it's very doubtful it had to do with poster quality.

That's a lot of firepower gone from one forum.

I get what you're saying. It's definitely a valid point.

On another note, I thought about you a couple of weeks ago when I was in San Francisco. I had a wonderful seafood dinner at Scoma's, down at the Wharf. And the next night, I ate a very large and delicious steak at a restaurant I can't remember (a colleague took me there). There used to be an excellent Chinese restaurant, called Harbor Village, in the Embarcadero Center but unfortunately, it's closed now. So we settled for some Italian restaurant that had weird stuff unlike any Italian restaurant around here. It was like squid pasta and snail head soup or something like that. Not sure if I want to go to that part of Italy or not. :o

Sounds delicious. Even the Italian restaurant. As far as food goes, and most everything else for that matter, I'll try anything once.

It has nothing to do with posting quality. Only mets that posting last winter were Briercreekwx(banned) Hckeywx or something like that, he is the one with the yellow tag(Only active in winter) Foothills(only active during potential significant events or crazy pattrns) Eyewall(Vermont) Deltadog(Winter or hurricane threats) Greensborowx( Occasionally pops in) Cheeznado and Isohume (Year round poster) just doesn't post that much in the SE.

Agree 100%.

For the record.

There is a difference between quantity and quality, post counts mean nothing. I said a better disco, I didn't mean simply more posts. I guess chiming in during the quietest time to make that kind of statement was in bad taste, so my bad. Didn't mean to trash people who actually are in the disco threads trying to get things going.

Thanks for remembering, I still agree.

For the record.

I counted only 13 humidity posts. Other post are rain post.

No rain in the forecast for a while.

July and August . You were crying so hard in July , I'm surprised your keyboard made it to August ! I believe you had 30+ whining or complaining posts in July alone, probably more than that. Maybe they can start a cry room like they have in church, you can be honorary King!

Lmao. 30+ for July is probably correct. That month pissed me off with numerous busted forecasts and near misses.

Well, in Ga. we've got Larry, and Candyman posting regularly,  and Dawson, though I haven't seen him lately.  Cheez looks in when something interests him.  But, when we need some weather info and an expert isn't close by, we don't complain about how it used to be, we go look at spider webs, or catawba worms.  I've yet to see a wooly worm....but today I saw an all brown catawba worm, and webs shining in the sun covering all the trees for hundreds and hundreds of feet.  Something massive is coming this winter!  Whether massive warmth, or cold, or normality, I can't say yet.  Stay tuned....  T

Archived